Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Thanks for the info, I enjoyed reading that mate, very informative.

And I can't argue with anything you've said, the only caveat you could possibly factor in, is maybe, this season is too smaller a sample size, but that would be a bit pedantic.

The biggest improvement that was giving us confidence was the chances we are creating. Feels like we weren't creating anything last season apart from Fernandes playing high risk/high reward passes. Our wingers were wildly wasteful.

Fernandes has been abysmal this season as well. Not a great sign when your best player, captain and most creative player by far (who's just got a bumper contract), is one of the worst performers on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford? We made him our second highest paid player on a contract until 2028.

Biggest earner is Casemiro ? Who's an utter liability

Yesterday you looked like a newly promoted team struggling to cope with life in the top flight 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Biggest earner is Casemiro ? Who's an utter liability

Yesterday you looked just like a newly promoted team who are struggling to cope with life in the top flight 

Yeah Casemiro is top. I understand why he commanded a big wage when he arrived, but it looks bad now. That's not the worst thing about wages with our players though. 

Casemiro, Rashford, Mount and Antony are in the top five earners at the club.

Sancho is our 8th highest earner. Chelsea are paying half of his wages. 

image.thumb.png.b358d01789bbdf66cbdbe41767787c71.png

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

25% reduction on all of those except Bruno, Rashford and the new signings for no Champions League, but it's still bad.

Must be canny motivating for some of your better players (Dalot, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojland) to sit in the dressing room and know that the wasters who keep fucking up in games are at the top of that wages list earning obscene money

Edited by bobbydazzla

35 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I understand how my comment looks after such a shocking result, but there has been improvement. The issue is that in most metrics we were 15-20th in the league last season, so maybe the improvement still isn't enough.

image.thumb.png.8986eee26e81be2ba5b56dcfe96e1671.png

image.thumb.png.ff6e94cf3ec9d5dd6b40673411031f5a.png

If I ramble a bit here...

• We were better than City in the Community Shield. Very unlucky to lose but it gave me a lot of hope for the season ahead.
  • We battered Fulham, but only won 1-0 with a late goal. We should have destroyed them. First game though, nothing to worry about.
  • We were extremely unfortunate to lose at Brighton. Finishing issues again. Two goals ruled out for offside, one of them in bizarre circumstances which was very bad luck. But OK, Brighton are a good side. An unlucky away loss can be dealt with as long as we bounce back...
  • Start very well against Liverpool. A 50/50 game. Then the individual mistakes come from Casemiro and the game is gone. A horrid result, but easily put down to individual mistakes and we were arguably the better team until Casemiro threw the game away. Also it's Liverpool. They can do this to anyone, and we can bounce back from it.
  • Easy win against Southampton. Expected. Shouldn't get excited about it.
  • Easy win against Barnsley. Expected. As above. Rashford has 3 goals in 2 games. Good confidence booster. He should kick on from here...
  • Ten Hag inexplicably drops Rashford now. I'm not Rashfords biggest fan, but the game he decides not to start him is when his confidence will be at it's highest? We play extremely well against Palace. Some great football. On the back of the two results above, we were all thinking that the season has started now and we should kick on from here, but again we can't score. Confidence drops after 60 odd minutes, and Palace could have nicked it. Alarm bells a little bit from here.
  • Poor performance against Twente. Another individual mistake, this time from Eriksen. Simply not good enough.
  • Spurs game arguably the worst performance I've ever seen from us. Awful

So the positivity and performances are starting to wane. Ten Hag won't get the benefit of the doubt this season. We've seen progress this season, but it's still far too inconsistent.

I would say he needs to win both games this week to save his job.

According to understat, only Fulham (who created a lot transitions and should have scored) xG against you were clearly less than 1,29.

Brighton: 2,14 Liverpool: 2,10 Southampton: 1,36 Palace: 1,67 Tottenham: 5,41 (average 2,53)

Your attackers are not scoring, and you are letting a lot of xG against.

Edited by KingArthur

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Must be canny motivating for some of your better players (Dalot, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojland) to sit in the dressing room and know that the wasters who keep fucking up in games are at the top of that wages list earning obscene money

All the ones at the top are being phased out or not starting though. Rashford is the only exception.

I know Bruno hasn't been great but he has earned that wage. I dread to think of where we would be without him.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

All the ones at the top are being phased out or not starting though. Rashford is the only exception.

I know Bruno hasn't been great but he has earned that wage. I dread to think of where we would be without him.

Not sure what would sting more, knowing that they're earning £10m+ to play but be shite, or that they're earning £10m+ but too shite to play

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not sure what would sting more, knowing that they're earning £10m+ to play but be shite, or that they're earning £10m+ but too shite to play

Definitely when they're playing. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford? We made him our second highest paid player on a contract until 2028.

Well, there lies a problem that has probably been going on for a very long time, as far bacl as Jose as your manager. Having players who shouldn't be there but still are and still will. Second highest paid ffs.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

The one major positive for Man U is that even if their most recent signings don’t perform then they’re not getting rinsed by them, apart from De Ligt that is 

Personally think De Ligt's wage is modest as well. He's been very good, but he's another Maguire when he's left exposed. Really hoping that won't happen too often when Ugarte is up to speed.

25 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Screenshot-2024-09-30-105607.jpg

Music Video Wtf GIF by Internet Famous

Capology is nonsense for PL/football in general, by the way.

Only useful for American sports where the salaries are often made public.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Capology is nonsense for PL/football in general, by the way.

Only useful for American sports where the salaries are often made public.

I just wanted a quick smash n grab from Google to illustrate the point as to who the big earning shite are at Man Utd, didn't require it to be very accurate :lol:

Edited by bobbydazzla

Capology has been pretty much bang on for us for years.

I think Newcastle fans try to act like it isn't reliable as they don't want to admit Lloyd Kelly is on £150k a week. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I understand how my comment looks after such a shocking result, but there has been improvement. The issue is that in most metrics we were 15-20th in the league last season, so maybe the improvement still isn't enough.

image.thumb.png.8986eee26e81be2ba5b56dcfe96e1671.png

image.thumb.png.ff6e94cf3ec9d5dd6b40673411031f5a.png

If I ramble a bit here...

• We were better than City in the Community Shield. Very unlucky to lose but it gave me a lot of hope for the season ahead.
  • We battered Fulham, but only won 1-0 with a late goal. We should have destroyed them. First game though, nothing to worry about.
  • We were extremely unfortunate to lose at Brighton. Finishing issues again. Two goals ruled out for offside, one of them in bizarre circumstances which was very bad luck. But OK, Brighton are a good side. An unlucky away loss can be dealt with as long as we bounce back...
  • Start very well against Liverpool. A 50/50 game. Then the individual mistakes come from Casemiro and the game is gone. A horrid result, but easily put down to individual mistakes and we were arguably the better team until Casemiro threw the game away. Also it's Liverpool. They can do this to anyone, and we can bounce back from it.
  • Easy win against Southampton. Expected. Shouldn't get excited about it.
  • Easy win against Barnsley. Expected. As above. Rashford has 3 goals in 2 games. Good confidence booster. He should kick on from here...
  • Ten Hag inexplicably drops Rashford now. I'm not Rashfords biggest fan, but the game he decides not to start him is when his confidence will be at it's highest? We play extremely well against Palace. Some great football. On the back of the two results above, we were all thinking that the season has started now and we should kick on from here, but again we can't score. Confidence drops after 60 odd minutes, and Palace could have nicked it. Alarm bells a little bit from here.
  • Poor performance against Twente. Another individual mistake, this time from Eriksen. Simply not good enough.
  • Spurs game arguably the worst performance I've ever seen from us. Awful

So the positivity and performances are starting to wane. Ten Hag won't get the benefit of the doubt this season. We've seen progress this season, but it's still far too inconsistent.

I would say he needs to win both games this week to save his job.

i-aint-reading-all-that-im-happy-for-you-tho-or-sorry-that-v0-36n75ab7lc7a1.thumb.png.533bca18e7bf1cef6075d4bfd36ac5cc.png

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I just wanted a quick smash n grab from Google to illustrate the point as to who the big earning shite are at Man Utd, didn't require it to be very accurate :lol:

I'm on board then, ignore what I said. Fuck Man Utd.

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Capology has been pretty much bang on for us for years.

I think Newcastle fans try to act like it isn't reliable as they don't want to admit Lloyd Kelly is on £150k a week. :lol: 

It was just reported by Liverpool fans that Luis Diaz's "verified" salary is net after tax sum, because of translation error from the portuguese newspaper or something.

So yea, maybe not the most trustworthy

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

The biggest improvement that was giving us confidence was the chances we are creating. Feels like we weren't creating anything last season apart from Fernandes playing high risk/high reward passes. Our wingers were wildly wasteful.

Fernandes has been abysmal this season as well. Not a great sign when your best player, captain and most creative player by far (who's just got a bumper contract), is one of the worst performers on the pitch.

Only saw the first half but my impression was that Man U were playing the ball quite nicely out of defence - although they did get caught a couple of times by the Spurs press - but they looked powder puff going forward. Basically a team trying to play the right way, but looking a bit soft and lacking any real fire throughout.

Just now, TRon said:

Only saw the first half but my impression was that Man U were playing the ball quite nicely out of defence - although they did get caught a couple of times by the Spurs press - but they looked powder puff going forward. Basically a team trying to play the right way, but looking a bit soft and lacking any real fire throughout.

Yes well this is it. There are some players that aren't really suited to the style. One of them Rashford. I'm sure you noticed how many times we played out of defence well and as soon as he touched the ball we lost it. On the flip side, it's a style that really needs to be perfect. You can't have any slack touches at all.

It's why a part of me does want to hang on to Ten Hag, as the style of play is slowly coming through, and the players causing issues are ones that have been there from before him. 

I wouldn't argue anymore with people suggesting he needs to go though. Can't have another season of horrible inconsistency.