Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, Mazzy said:

Funny when it doesn't happen to you.

All those lads whipping off their shirts and crying while setting off flares. All that for it to be disallowed.

As funny as that is. VAR is still proper shit, ruins what should have been an a defining moment for a lot of the young fans in that crowd.

Just now, 54 said:

As funny as that is. VAR is still proper shit, ruins what should have been an a defining moment for a lot of the young fans in that crowd.

He was miles off tbf. You'd be raging if that call was missed against you.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Not for me Clive. He was two metres offside, just another proof of how much it is needed.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Yes and no. I get that it ruins "the moment" but it also it means that the right decision is usually made. There will always be other moments for them to enjoy, thats why we love football. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Not for me Clive. He was two metres offside, just another proof of how much it is needed.

Maybe, but how often do blatantly wrong calls like that happen? It ruins the emotion and the ability to actually celebrate a goal, and basically ruins the most fundamental part of the game in the pursuit of a perfection that just isn't ever possible, I'd much rather accept that mistakes occasionally happen from human individuals than the this current saturated VAR we have at the moment. 

I hate shitty reffing like that in the Liverpool match. Bologna player massively and blatantly delays a quick free kick - the most straightforward yellow card you’ve ever seen - and the ref does fuck all. What is the point? Useless piece of shit.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

I hate shitty reffing like that in the Liverpool match. Bologna player massively and blatantly delays a quick free kick - the most straightforward yellow card you’ve ever seen - and the ref does fuck all. What is the point? Useless piece of shit.

Stuff like that should be easy to police as well.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

ruins the most fundamental part of the game in the pursuit of a perfection that just isn't ever possible

I think perfection is very much possible on offsides with this semi-automated system. Just wish they would use it properly for other stuff too. I don't think it ruins the moment either as that goal showed. 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

I think perfection is very much possible on offsides with this semi-automated system. Just wish they would use it properly for other stuff too. I don't think it ruins the moment either as that goal showed. 

I think we just agree to disagree as personally I think that goal showed how it did completely ruin the moment, as it was a good minute after the goal that VAR intervened. 

Personally I absolutely despise VAR and this it encapsulates everything wrong with modern football and want it scrapped.

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Stuff like that should be easy to police as well.

That‘s what bugs me. If you don’t book someone for that, why exactly are you there?

Absolutely cracking game though.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Maybe, but how often do blatantly wrong calls like that happen? It ruins the emotion and the ability to actually celebrate a goal, and basically ruins the most fundamental part of the game in the pursuit of a perfection that just isn't ever possible, I'd much rather accept that mistakes occasionally happen from human individuals than the this current saturated VAR we have at the moment. 

The demand for VAR in the first place was because blatant mistakes happened all the time.