Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I think this Real Sociedad home kit may be the worst i've seen so far this season.

Was just thinking the same thing. Usually their kits are spot on.

7 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

The double-jeopardy law states: "Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

It should have been a red card and shouldnt have been able to save the pen

Didn’t think it was a foul personally. The forward just ran into him :lol:

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think this Real Sociedad home kit may be the worst i've seen so far this season.

Check out Basel’s Alien Ant Farm fan number.

Despite how much the premier league is desperately trying to limit competitiveness I love the fact that Bournemouth, Brighton, Wolves last season and others regularly give anyone a game nowadays

Christ what a long day of football :lol: Thought I'd watch everything with pleasure having not watched any for 2 weeks, but really struggling to pay attention to this game.

Just now, gbandit said:

Despite how much the premier league is desperately trying to limit competitiveness I love the fact that Bournemouth, Brighton, Wolves last season and others regularly give anyone a game nowadays

Yeah, I agree.

Really annoys me when people still complain we should be beating these teams when they make it hard for us.

Don't think they're paying attention at all. 

Forest at anfield was another example today. Think under Nuno they look like they may become another of these difficult and awkward teams to go against.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Crikey no offence, Stifler, but what absolute nonsense.

It is absolutely nothing to do with that.

Our owners are constantly pushing to get the PSR rules changed - one of the few clubs behind the proposal last year - and have said, it was Emery's call not to want to play CL games in a three-sided ground.

I’m not going to lie, I think rowing back on the Villa Park plans were a little flag, that is if they don’t go and build a new stadium. I’m also alarmed at how we haven’t came out with a clear plan for what we will be doing to SJP.

Whilst stadium and training ground spending is not included in FFP/PSR, it’s important that clubs like Villa, and us take advantage, because once PSG, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool have all finished their stadiums, they will close that up as well.

Villa’s, and our progress is not going to be linear. It will very much take time, and have ups and downs like Spurs did, although I do think both our progress will be quicker overall, and I think both our successes will also be greater than Spurs’.

This is pathetic refereeing, literally blowing anytime a player goes near another one. Thought this type of pathetic over-refereeing of games was supposed to be being phased out 

2 minutes ago, vexred said:

His weight of pass is so good 

How did Man Utd manage to make him look so bad all the time?!

Has looked so good here already.