Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, r0cafella said:

@Froggy

Why didn’t Sir Jim buy the entire club btw? 

Probably because the Glazers weren't selling the whole club. Why would they when it's a canny cash cow for them? 

Brexit Jim takes the heat. 

Bonus for the Glazers is he's got connections to those in power, hence the new stadium crack. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

@Froggy

Why didn’t Sir Jim buy the entire club btw? 

Glazers didn't want to sell the whole club. They'd have taken the Qatar offer otherwise.

Don't think Ratcliffe could have afforded it either.

Just now, Froggy said:

Glazers didn't want to sell the whole club. They'd have taken the Qatar offer otherwise.

Don't think Ratcliffe could have afforded it either.

Ahhh fair enough, Glazers were happy to continuing milk whilst potentially enjoying any upside which maybe created. 

Do back when this all broke, the story of the club being for sale was bullshit? 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Do back when this all broke, the story of the club being for sale was bullshit? 

No I think they would have sold but at a ludicrous asking price. £6b was their figure. Qatar offered £5b and refused to go higher. Bear in mind this is when the club had a market valuation is under £3b. :lol:

They basically priced everyone out of a full sale because they wanted to keep milking it. Ratcliffe was the better option for them.

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

what did you make of the game yesterday Frogman?

:lol: Do we have to? I would struggle to think of many performances that were worse.

Spurs aren't even good. That's the worst bit about it all. It's not like you've been blown away by a top class Liverpool or City. You've been hammered by a team that is distinctly average, and it would have been much, much worse if Son was playing instead of Werner.

Last few years the team just has it in them to completely collapse and perform like a league two side. 

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

:lol: Do we have to? I would struggle to think of many performances that were worse.

Spurs aren't even good. That's the worst bit about it all. It's not like you've been blown away by a top class Liverpool or City. You've been hammered by a team that is distinctly average, and it would have been much, much worse if Son was playing instead of Werner.

Last few years the team just had it in them to completely collapse and perform like a league two side. 

Of course we have to :lol:  

Jokes aside, from what I saw it pretty rotten aye, was so bad I had to put on Goldbridge for half an hour this morning to compound it. 

Think you will get it right eventually (not with ETH) your resources are simply too vast not to. You will need a manager who can transform you though as well as time and money to get it done.