Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

European rule is even worse. Don't think they acknowledge the deflection consideration or the close proximity consideration.

I can even get close proximity penalties because defenders can make themselves bigger deliberately but he was about a metre away, the ball hit his foot and bounced up against the hand. No chance.

Thought Bayern's dynamic widemen caused City problems but they had nothing in the box to really threaten a goal.

Vinicius and Rodrygo out wide will hopefully cause the same problems and Benzema can then punish them in the box.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Over City, Real seem like Brighton 

Why? City play good football had a fan base that huge support in what’s now league one even if it’s gone to shit a bit now and really fuck offer Man U and Liverpool 

8 minutes ago, Ace said:

Why? City play good football had a fan base that huge support in what’s now league one even if it’s gone to shit a bit now and really fuck offer Man U and Liverpool 

They're a plastic shitty little club with an authentic, passionate, fan base that could barely fill a phone box.

Like a tramp that won the lottery. As much as I hate to say it, they're not a patch on Manure or Liverpool when it comes to history and/or fanbase.

17 minutes ago, Ace said:

Surprised so many of you want Real to win.

They make Liverpool and Man U seem like plucky likeable underdogs 

Difficult to root against a Carlo Ancellotti team

38 minutes ago, toon25 said:

They're a plastic shitty little club with an authentic, passionate, fan base that could barely fill a phone box.

Like a tramp that won the lottery. As much as I hate to say it, they're not a patch on Manure or Liverpool when it comes to history and/or fanbase.

You could say the same for Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal at a certain point in time. 

All four aces just fell into Man City's hand all together and at the same time at an opportune time and in recent living memory. Glad they busted through the cabal's padlocked door and only hope we do too as well as a few other clubs that were contenders many decades ago.

6 hours ago, toon25 said:

A fanbase that got over 25000 in the 3rd tier couldn’t fill a phone box? 

Also prior to the takeover they had won 9 major honours (for comparison we have won 11)

For ‘History’ Always remember Man Reds and Liverpool got their success off the backs of large investments a lot earlier in their history as well. 

For ‘fanbase’ are you kidding the 2 clubs renowned for tourist fans. Fly out of Manchester/John Lennon airport the day after the game and it’s full of them.

Stop believing the online bullshit about clubs. 

6 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Difficult to root against a Carlo Ancellotti team

I like Carlo but Howay Real? It would be like supporting the yankees if they’d got their success on the backs of a fascist dictator and government bailout’s. 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

A fanbase that got over 25000 in the 3rd tier couldn’t fill a phone box? 

Also prior to the takeover they had won 9 major honours (for comparison we have won 11)

For ‘History’ Always remember Man Reds and Liverpool got their success off the backs of large investments a lot earlier in their history as well. 

For ‘fanbase’ are you kidding the 2 clubs renowned for tourist fans. Fly out of Manchester/John Lennon airport the day after the game and it’s full of them.

Stop believing the online bullshit about clubs. 

That's me telt then