Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Please nobody jump on this as well as if it represents anything about our fanbase. This is disgusting plain and simple. 

Wouldn't be so sure. I've heard some of your lot sing a song with similar sentiment.

Just now, TBG said:

Bold claim from Schmeichel that it could have been a Man City fan, in the Man City end that threw the object.

CIA operative starting a false flag event. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Once again Pata you're able to be calm and speak sense. 

The rule is absolutely shite, but it is the rule. Lineker saying there he has it on good authority that the rule will be changed. 

But as pointed out, you’ve only referenced part of the rule in your justification.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

You must  have been absolutely garbage in the air then, if you think that’s unnatural. His arm has to go somewhere. It’s not technically right at all. 

I actually was useless in the air to be fair. :lol:

Screenshot_20230603_160201_Twitter.thumb.jpg.73d66ca8539a0c0c2f1a2f4646cab883.jpg

It's a pen.

Just now, Beren said:

The rule is wrong, but by the rule it is a pen IMO.

Are you sure ? The bit about the unnatural position comes in and you could say his arm is in a natural position for jumping.

Just now, Froggy said:

Screenshot_20230603_160201_Twitter.thumb.jpg.73d66ca8539a0c0c2f1a2f4646cab883.jpg

It's a pen.

LMAO. A screenshot with out any of the prior movement? Where he’s not even looking at the ball? Stonewall. Grealish a magician for magically adjusting the natural inclination of his arm 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's a pen.

I still don't think that qualifies as a pen with the supposed high bar on VAR intervention though. Referee saw it, hand is in quite natural position, it comes from a yard away and there were only defenders and a keeper in the vicinity where the ball was headed.

Edited by Pata

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Staggering amount of people don't know the penalty rules like. Grealish's hand was above his head in an unnatural position, and it changed the direction of the ball in an attacking movement. It's as black and white as you can get for a VAR check. Clear pen. 

Casemiro quite lucky. 

Stonewall pen on De Bruyne. Awful decision. 

Spectacular dive from Grealish to get AWB booked. 

His arm isn't in an unnatural position for a player post-jump.

Just now, Froggy said:

Micah Richards saying not a red by Casemiro either and he's as biased as they come. 

Personally think he's lucky, but could be seen as harsh if he walked. 

Made me think of the Bruno one against Leicester, I held my breath over that, that night if I’m a Leicesters fan I’m raging same today if I’m a Man C fan I’m calling for a red all day long… think he was a lucky guy today 

The problem is, how do you make a rule which doesn't allow players to purposely put their arm in the area where the ball can come, but doing it in a way so that it's difficult to decide whether it's deliberate or not? Without punishing some unlucky ones like this one.. They need a rule which can help them to be consistent aswell. Not easy.

Edited by Erikse