Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Think Spurs are riding a bit of a wave atm, lots of things going in their favour but they're in a bit of a false position imo. New manager bounce still in effect, nice set of fixtures, no European football and getting a few nice breaks in the games too. Still got to win the game and point sand they have been so far so it's fair enough but I don't think it's sustainable over 38 games. They'll still finish top 6 minimum but they'll regress a little and dip. Momentum is a big thing and once it goes it's really tough

I don't know why folks were hoping for a draw when they played Liverpool or even celebrating their win, I think that by far result for us in that game was a Spurs loss. We're not competing with Liverpool this season, but we could very well compete with Spurs.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Think Spurs are riding a bit of a wave atm, lots of things going in their favour but they're in a bit of a false position imo. New manager bounce still in effect, nice set of fixtures, no European football and getting a few nice breaks in the games too. Still got to win the game and point sand they have been so far so it's fair enough but I don't think it's sustainable over 38 games. They'll still finish top 6 minimum but they'll regress a little and dip. Momentum is a big thing and once it goes it's really tough

They are on pace to win the league. A dip is finishing 3rd at this rate.  I think they could do an Arsenal and challenge a bit until the nerves kick in. 

A lot of people wrote them off at the start of the season.  Never understood it. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Palace are woeful. As we found out last week. 

Richarlison goes off and they suddenly have a threat down that side :lol: he was utter shite. His highlight reel was about 2 nice passes. 

Son is some player. 

Took a few seconds for Johnson to show him up.

£60 million on Richarlison man. Thought he just needed a run of games, but even that hasn't helped.

He's been shocking.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I don't know why folks were hoping for a draw when they played Liverpool or even celebrating their win, I think that by far result for us in that game was a Spurs loss. We're not competing with Liverpool this season, but we could very well compete with Spurs.

I don’t think they were necessarily celebrating Spurs beating Liverpool per day. Just enjoying Liverpool being incredibly, incredibly hard done by in extremely controversial circumstances, only for Matip to then belt one top corner in his own net in the 9th minute of injury time when it looked like they had held on for a point with 9 men. 

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I think people seem to forget spurs started well last and drifted away. They don't have much squad depth, as already mentioned remove Maddison from the team and they are average at best.

They faltered because Conte wanted to get fired when he realised they wouldn’t challenge for the league.  

They’ve spent a lot of money in the summer. And have had a squad that’s competed in the CL or Europa league consistently. With the benefit of not being in Europe.  

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The poorer decision was appointing Vieira, in hindsight. They were stuck before reappointing Hodgson, tbh

The main issue is they bought on Vieira and bought in some really exciting, young, attacking talent. For them to then give Hodgson this squad of players with his style of play is criminal.