Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Villa’s forward movement is so good, dickheads

The pressure and ball movement around the opposition’s box is very good. They create so many chances.

10 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

I mean it was clearly offside but what were they checking after the blatant offside? Such a waste of time. 

We need to hear what they’re discussing. 

Sorry, I meant was Bailey offside

They showed the lines here a few mins ago during a pause in the game

6 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

He should have done better, but it wasn’t the easiest position to be in. 

The first time he was one on one. Whole goal to aim at so he hits it straight at the keeper!

Edited by Joe1984

I am amazed that Dacoure is a PL player. his decision making, passing and execution is abysmal....he just ran into a offside position earlier when an u12 player would have recognized they would be Offside. he just carried on running. ffs

1 minute ago, MagSA said:

I am amazed that Dacoure is a PL player. his decision making, passing and execution is abysmal....he just ran into a offside position earlier when an u12 player would have recognized they would be Offside. he just carried on running. ffs

Scored 11 goals from midfield since January last year I think

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

The first time he was one and one. Whole goal to aim at so he hits it straight at the keeper!

Under pressure from the Villa defender and Martinez only gets a toe on it. He absolutely should have buried it, but he’s out of form and low on confidence.

Needed to get the ball elevated, but probably skies it based off his recent performances. [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Scored 11 goals from midfield since January last year I think

How the fuck did he manage those? geez there was a bog standard pass to DCL earlier in the half that he overhit that would have sent DCL through on goal. think the pass ended up with the keeper.

The Ev are masters of ruining promising positions, so bad at moving the ball around. Villa are the opposite, they seem to rescue lost positions going forward a lot 

28 minutes ago, MagSA said:

How the fuck did he manage those? geez there was a bog standard pass to DCL earlier in the half that he overhit that would have sent DCL through on goal. think the pass ended up with the keeper.

He's arguably been their best player for a while now tbf :lol: 

I liked both these teams better when they were managed by Gerrard & Lampard. [emoji38]

I’m stating the obvious, but the difference in both these clubs a year later is so stark. 

I've asked myself a lot whether this is sour grapes, but I just can't shake the feeling that a lot of Villa's success is down to luck.

They're a really good side but the amount of times their back line has been broken only for the opposition to fuck it up is crazy. They also seem to have that knack of deflections, ball losses, and clearances falling perfectly to them (like Dortmund seemed to against us) 

Don't get me wrong, I only think it's part of why they've been successful, you make your own luck, and I've also seen them just play brilliantly as well, but I do also think they're really really outstripping their performances this season.

Edited by Kid Icarus