Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

9 hours ago, Paullow said:

Interesting match in the Championship on Sky tonight - Watford vs West Brom

Watford 2 points off the playoffs, and West Brom 2 points further back, but have a game in hand on most. Two teams who should definitely be in the promotion mix, although one was massively held back by their manager at the start of the season, and I guess the other not helped by their crazy managerial policy.

West Brom went on an amazing run to recover from Bruce, going from bottom 3 into the playoffs, but only 4 points from their last 4 has seen them fall a bit, while Watford haven't won in 5. Apart from Middlesbrough, the other playoff spots look wide open, so a big match from that perspective.

Speaking of Boro, they might even make the top 2 now. They've won 9 of their last 10 league matches and 5 in a row since that Sunderland match. They're also currently only 4 points behind Sheff Utd (who do have a game in hand) and have made up 8 points on them in the past 4 matches (including a win at Bramall Lane), so definitely a possibility they'll pass them before the end of the season. I don't mind Boro, and wouldn't mind them coming up, but I would rather it was via the playoffs.

2-2 with 20 minutes to go. Quite a good match. West Brom equalised twice.

19 hours ago, Paullow said:

Speaking of Boro, they might even make the top 2 now. They've won 9 of their last 10 league matches and 5 in a row since that Sunderland match. They're also currently only 4 points behind Sheff Utd (who do have a game in hand) and have made up 8 points on them in the past 4 matches (including a win at Bramall Lane), so definitely a possibility they'll pass them before the end of the season. I don't mind Boro, and wouldn't mind them coming up, but I would rather it was via the playoffs.

Beating Sunderland in the final