Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum

simonsays

Just now, The Prophet said:

He's absolutely no where near Pep and Klopp, granted he's doing a superb job at the moment.

He's already struggled at Arsenal and PSG and was close to the bin at Sevilla before the European run saved him.

Got Arsenal to a Europa league final, won 7 trophies at PSG so hardly struggling. Won 3 Europa leagues at Sevilla and 1 at Villareal...he's only 52.

Considering they were so full of running and high temporary against City I do think Villa have approached this game quite well

They are playing with a bit more control and less intensity, which is understandable considering how much energy they expanded against City

Just now, Gawalls said:

Why did you have to go and do that? In trying to make a point :) 

Trust me I hate myself for it. Almost felt like I was on Froggy's side and that's just not on. I retract my statement. 

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

Got Arsenal to a Europa league final, won 7 trophies at PSG so hardly struggling. Won 3 Europa leagues at Sevilla and 1 at Villareal...he's only 52.

I'm not denying he's a decent manager, just not as good as two of the best managers the league has seen.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Trust me I hate myself for it. Almost felt like I was on Froggy's side and that's just not on. I retract my statement. 

:lol: don't forget Ten Hag finished third and got to the final of the FA Cup as well.

Not bad for a poor manager. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not denying he's a decent manager, just not as good as two of the best managers the league has seen.

You said he wasnt one of the best. Top 3 or 4 got to count as one of the best?

4 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Aye with the best players in the world which he hasn't had. 

As Emery will have had at PSG for starters, Villa have spent some money and with regards to pep, you still have to juggle the games and get over the line - we’ve had a taste of that this season.

You can’t say somebody’s not the best because they’ve earned the right to the best jobs ands therefore have the best resources.

Edited by Gawalls

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Guess we'll only see if a top club job comes his way again with the resources that they have had or what he ends up doing with Villa. " decent manager" is a massive understatement not sure why people are playing his achievements down. Imagine Howe winning us the Europa league...then going and winning it another two times..then going to another club and winning it with them as well. Not sure we'd be saying "decent" to that.

Edited by WideopenMag

Just now, KaKa said:

Mind your own business busy body!

Kaka you can’t say stuff like that buddy. I was just having a customary scroll through this thread to see what the latest topic of conversation was when I then stumbled across such an abhorrent and narrow minded post of yours. 

However, it has since been said by wormy that he does not want nor need my help so fuck him and fuck everything he represents and stands for. I’m going to block his front door in tonight with his wheelie bin and set it alight. 

3 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Guess we'll only see if a top club job comes his way again with the resources that they have had or what he ends up doing with Villa. " decent manager" is a massive understatement not sure why people are playing his achievements down. Imagine Howe winning us the Europa league...then going and winning it another two times..then going to another club and winning it with them as well. Not sure we'd be saying "decent" to that.

No I’d say he’s done an amazing job but I wouldn’t go around saying he’s “the best in the league”

edit - quote from google…

Guardiola is the only manager to win the continental treble twice, the youngest to win the UEFA Champions League, and he also holds the records for the most consecutive league games won in La Liga, the Bundesliga, and the Premier League. He is considered to be one of the greatest managers of all time.

Edited by Gawalls

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka you can’t say stuff like that buddy. I was just having a customary scroll through this thread to see what the latest topic of conversation was when I then stumbled across such an abhorrent and narrow minded post of yours. 

However, it has since been said by wormy that he does not want nor need my help so fuck him and fuck everything he represents and stands for. I’m going to block his front door in tonight with his wheelie bin and set it alight. 

;D