Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

On 31/01/2024 at 13:38, Erikse said:

Seems very expensive for an injury prone player.

Unrelated, but:

Screenshot_20240131_132917_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.89f2b8e8b54847e582e2d775f1731c3b.jpg

When are we going to realise that letting the player decide may not be the best solution? Why does Premier League managers do this? Even the medical staff said that he shouldn't start..

Oh dear.. Hodgson opted to play him again and he lasted 10 minutes. Talk about being short sighted. Literally made the same mistake some days ago and didn't learn at all. The game was pretty much over aswell, 3-0 at half time.

Edited by Erikse

15 minutes ago, toon25 said:

No fucking point whatsoever in Sheffield United and Burnley this season. They've just meekly rolled over

Didn't Burnley fight back from 2 down today for a point?

9 minutes ago, brummie said:

Didn't Burnley fight back from 2 down today for a point?

I didn't see that result tbf [emoji38]

Still, they've been shite all season 

If Villa hits form again now it's kind of crazy how similar their season is to ours last season. We also had a dip in form in january where most people started to doubt, but got back to winning ways in february.

Really enjoying watching Ollie Watkins...there so much certainty to his work this season not just in finishing but assists as well.  Massive improvement which should put him right up there as a certainty for the Euros.

3 minutes ago, MagSA said:

Really enjoying watching Ollie Watkins...there so much certainty to his work this season not just in finishing but assists as well.  Massive improvement which should put him right up there as a certainty for the Euros.

The assists figures are incredible. Amazing what Emery has done with him.

12 minutes ago, MagSA said:

He also never gets injured. Like they have terrible coverage in that position, but it doesn't matter when Watkins can play every single game anyways.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, brummie said:

The assists figures are incredible. Amazing what Emery has done with him.

True, was listening to a TRIF podcast not too long ago and Shearer, Linekar and Micah Richards were debating his progression and what he needed to do to move up to the elite level.

Consistency, decision making and calmness in front of goal were highlighted. When he scored today I was telling myself "I have seen him execute that finish before quite often" so the consistency and calmness in front of goal is there.

22 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He also never gets injured. Like they have terrible coverage in that position, but it doesn't matter when Watkins can play every single game anyways.

This is spot on. 

We have literally no cover for him at the moment, as Duran - who is miles off being up to the standard yet - is out with a fucked hamstring.

He doesn't - touch wood - ever get injured like you said, but even so, it keeps me awake at night wondering what would happen if he did. Diaby up front?