Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Maddison invisible dog shit when teams are evenly matched. Looks ok when Spurs are on top when he can do little stuff to make them tick over. Fraud of a player. So glad he didn't come here.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Dissent yellows suck. Who the hell here likes them?

Very annoying in the short term but I think it'll be better in the long run.

It's not hard to show a reasonable level of respect to an official, players will catch on soon and we'll have very few yellows for it and less cuntery.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Maddison invisible dog shit when teams are evenly matched. Looks ok when Spurs are on top when he can do little stuff to make them tick over. Fraud of a player. So glad he didn't come here.

He's been really good IMO.

Just now, Shak said:

Surely made more sense to sign a proper CM and play Fernandes there?

Have Eriksen in that position too for depth, really weird signing Mount.

Yeah, to be honest they just need someone that dictates play somewhere in there.

Bissouma is doing a great job of it for Spurs, with support from Maddison who drops and takes some of the initiative too.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Harsh

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Very annoying in the short term but I think it'll be better in the long run.

It's not hard to show a reasonable level of respect to an official, players will catch on soon and we'll have very few yellows for it and less cuntery.

Aye. I hate the bookings for instinctive, reasonable reactions, but hopefully it works to change this ingrained custom where football referees get given pelters by players for every decision that goes against them.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

He's been really good IMO.

Maddison's been....ok. But he's definitely not looking like a Howe-type player. Odd, given that we were supposedly after him for two transfer windows. Plays a neat ball, then ambles into position.

Just now, Collage said:

Harsh

Truth hurts :lol: There's just no way he'd impose himself like we'd need him to in our team. He's a small feather with 0 work rate. Some fancy close control and unimaginative passing to keep possession & good set pieces is all he's got.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I will say Barnes is no imposter. That guy has impressed me.

Seems like we may have got the better player, at least for our style.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Still got no idea where Maddison was supposed to play for us. We  must have been changing our formation just to fit him in.

We didn’t actually bid in this window did we? Was just paper bullshit

Just now, McDog said:

I will say Barnes is no imposter. That guy has impressed me.

Seems like we may have got the better player, at least for our style.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Barnes either to be fair, but based on very few games it sure looks like it so far.

Just now, Pixelphish said:

Man U have gone backwards on this evidence? 

Messed up by signing a £70m stopgap whose legs are on the way out. Real Madrid saw them coming. Now got a bloated squad and can’t shift players to free up FFP space for some midfield legs.