Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Yeah but we were to passive after the red card. Also gave the ball away far to easy several times. 

Passive with the ball, yes. 

However, I'm talking about the complaints that we weren't pressing them more aggressively. 

Even with ten men, with the likes of TAA on the pitch and the forward players Liverpool still had, an all out press would still be risky business, especially as our defenders are not the quickest.

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yeah but we were to passive after the red card. Also gave the ball away far to easy several times. 

I think this is really my biggest problem to the start. we have misplaced so many balls without any pressure.

Just now, KaKa said:

However, I'm talking about the complaints that we weren't pressing them more aggressively. 

Even with ten men, with the likes of TAA on the pitch and the forward players Liverpool still had, an all out press would still be risky business, especially as our defenders are not the quickest.

bizarre that they didn't fix that during the summer.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I dont think our match and Villas game now are comparable

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Jordan Ayew’s reading of where to pass and his ability to weight a pass is disgusting 

You see, the way you kids talk nowadays I don't know if that's complimentary or a slagging off.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Liverpool owned that first half from start to finish. Clearly learnt a thing or two from the last matches.

Villa got couple of decent chances tho. Should have scored.

Edited by KingArthur

The Liverpool v villa game gives me a lot of confidence for the run we're on at the moment. Can't underestimate how big of a problem having a difficult start is. I feel like we've been massively stitched up to try to bring our morale down. 

Even Brentford isn't easy!