Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Im gonna go along to the KOR game on Tuesday I think.

Aye we're going along to that one. A few of us (parents and kids) from the bairns football team going along. Cheap night out and hopefully some decent football on show.

Fuck, didn’t realize it was Turkey v Armenia tonight. Armenia 1-0 up as well. How often have they played each other?

Edit: I see Turkey won back in March. If they lose this i wonder if they just pretend it never happened.

Edited by leffe186

10 minutes ago, toon25 said:

That Croatia side seems ageless [emoji38]

Like loading up FM2016

Always seem to have the same squad -  can’t think of anyone new they’ve produced in a long time -  bar Gvardiol I suppose 

44 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Fuck, didn’t realize it was Turkey v Armenia tonight. Armenia 1-0 up as well. How often have they played each other?

Edit: I see Turkey won back in March. If they lose this i wonder if they just pretend it never happened.

Same if they murder them.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

What the fuck has happened to Luxembourg by the way? I noticed they beat Iceland 3-1 tonight and are joint second in their group with 10 points. Beat Bosnia away in June too. 

Just having a good moment after a bit of investment I think. Had a look and most their players are youngish and at reasonable clubs not in Lux so I guess that brings the standard up. Bosnia and Iceland are back to being fairly middle

of the road will help with their group too.

Didn’t realise Sweden were currently in the mud RE: qualifying. 

17 hours ago, Mikky said:

Always seem to have the same squad -  can’t think of anyone new they’ve produced in a long time -  bar Gvardiol I suppose 

Kind of right, we haven't produced top class bar Gvardiol but there are many upcoming potentials like Majer (just transferred to Bundesliga Wolfsburg) Ivanusec (just got to Feyenoord, Dutch champion), Sučić (RB Salzburg), Šutalo (just transferred to Ajax and promoted to captain) etc. but we will see if they can get to top top clubs.

The problem is for midfielders is how to get into midfield of Modric-Kovacic-Brozovic. It's tough to get in. 

43 minutes ago, Marko NUFC said:

Kind of right, we haven't produced top class bar Gvardiol but there are many upcoming potentials like Majer (just transferred to Bundesliga Wolfsburg) Ivanusec (just got to Feyenoord, Dutch champion), Sučić (RB Salzburg), Šutalo (just transferred to Ajax and promoted to captain) etc. but we will see if they can get to top top clubs.

The problem is for midfielders is how to get into midfield of Modric-Kovacic-Brozovic. It's tough to get in. 

Will be interesting too see Croatia in the next 10-15 years - you’ve always had good solid teams since your debut in 96 - one benefit you have is that the natural pathway seems to be across to Italy for a lot of your players - some are picked by the likes of Ajax, Salzburg, Leipzig of this world - hopefully us too in the future 

By the way - whatever happened to Croatia Zagreb? Remember that famous CL qualifier

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Will be interesting too see Croatia in the next 10-15 years - you’ve always had good solid teams since your debut in 96 - one benefit you have is that the natural pathway seems to be across to Italy for a lot of your players - some are picked by the likes of Ajax, Salzburg, Leipzig of this world - hopefully us too in the future 

By the way - whatever happened to Croatia Zagreb? Remember that famous CL qualifier

They changed their name back to Dinamo Zagreb.