Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Because one half decent performance in 4 games is considered ok or good now?

Who said that? 

10 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

you were quite poor for large swathes of last season too

Not true. 

10 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Beaten comprehensively two seasons running by Brighton at home, we ran you out of town in convincing fashion, conceded 6 at City, 7 at Liverpool (most embarrassing result in living memory).

And we played over 60 games, finishing above of three of the four teams you mentioned, beating another in a cup final and winning more silverware than all of them put together except City. 

A massive overreaction. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Why are people arguing with Froggy about Man Utd when we're literally playing right now? :lol: He'll be having a right laugh if we lose this. 

I couldn't care less about Newcastle. :lol:

Need to come to terms with our own shit show before worrying about anyone else. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Who said that? 

Not true. 

And we played over 60 games, finishing above of three of the four teams you mentioned, beating another in a cup final and winning more silverware than all of them put together except City. 

A massive overreaction. 

Me. Based on having good eyesight.

Very true and easily arguable all day long.

Fair point.

I don't think it's an overreaction at all but time will tell. Think he's a genuinely bad manager and poor fit.

Have to say, I wasn't expecting much of Jhon Duran as a 19 year old (him, not me, obvs) but 3 goals already this season, in about 2 hours of football, and a belter today.

Very raw but I am starting to see why we paid 19m for him.

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

Can we all just agree Man Utd are shite and Ten Haag is overrated and Hojlund is a waste of money?

Hojlund is going to be unreal to be fair. Very clear to see. He'll be fantastic for Real Madrid. 

3 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Onana yet another player who's form has plummeted since moving to Man Utd. He looks quite hopeless.

Woah woah woah he’s class at passing and standing outside his box which as we know are the key skills required for being a PL keeper.

11 minutes ago, Ginola said:

Gross had Martinez on toast for his goal. Brighton do a great job of getting the best out of all their players on a weekly basis

Just caught up on the highlights again.

My God those goals were beautiful.

Can't even fault Martinez for buying that feint. I would still be sliding across the globe going for that. It was a killer.