Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Never understood the need for the saying “like a hot knife through butter”, you could just say “like a knife through I can’t believe it’s not butter” as there’s no need to heat the knife up with that.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Never understood the need for the saying “like a hot knife through butter”, you could just say “like a knife through I can’t believe it’s not butter” as there’s no need to heat the knife up with that.

Not Lurpak though!

Edited by OoOGazOoO

Just now, Gawalls said:

Regardless of the consistency of the butter (or i can't believe it's not butter) a knife will go faster through it if it's hot :milner:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Really though? I've had a flick around and all I can find is Sane. You're probably right but it's not something I've noticed. It's a good thing anyway, looking forward to our version next season.

Just at Man United in the match you're watching there's also at least Rashford, Garnacho and Varane.

Just now, Conjo said:

Regardless of the consistency of the butter (or i can't believe it's not butter) a knife will go faster through it if it's hot :milner:

I’ll do an experiment later and let you know, the wife will be delighted.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just at Man United in the match you're watching there's also at least Rashford, Garnacho and Varane.

Fair enough. :lol: In my defence I only flicked it on for a few minutes before HT and have since been shooed away but sure you can have this one. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fair enough. :lol: In my defence I only flicked it on for a few minutes before HT and have since been shooed away but sure you can have this one. 

I'm with you though, I'm looking forward to us having them, even if it means that under adidas we'll probably lose the stripes on the back 

Call me mental, but when a Man United player is dispossessed on the edge of their area and the other team is attacking I don't want or expect the co-commentator to react by saying "what are they dooiiing?" 

Just now, Adam said:

Werner was onside there, if its that tight they should just play on. Or the prem should have just used the automated offside thing...

It's because everyone was claiming it leads to injuries yesterday.

Werner was on just then and they killed the move.

Just now, Adam said:

Werner was onside there, if its that tight they should just play on. Or the prem should have just used the automated offside thing...

It's because clowns kick off when they let it play on and someone gets injured, like yesterday 

The linesman did the right thing yesterday as it was tight

As for automated offsides, that doesn't solve this situation, it's still reliant on the linesman on the pitch to make the initial call

Just now, Adam said:

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it, for me yesterday is the right way to do it unless they're miles offside and you just accept that there's the risk of injury (something that's a constant risk anyway)