Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not for Spurs no. There'll be far better jobs coming his way in time, where he won't have to be in such a mess.

Think he should stay at Brighton at least one more season. Take them into Europe ruffle a few more feathers on that big stage and he'll be in a great situation.

He absolutely should do this. But turning down the Milan, Inter or Juve job in the next 12 months would be very very difficult to do, surely?

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Jason Steele the definition of failing upward 

Thought he was good again today tbh. He was shit against Everton obviously but before that I thought he was good against Man United too.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not for Spurs no. There'll be far better jobs coming his way in time, where he won't have to be in such a mess.

Think he should stay at Brighton at least one more season. Take them into Europe ruffle a few more feathers on that big stage and he'll be in a great situation.

His team could be picked apart though, personally I think the signings they have made are not good. De Zerbi could have a slow start next year and be out of a job by November. If Spurs come knocking I reckon he'll be off.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

As great as it is to see what Brighton have done, it also exposes the flaw of how the game is structured. They’ll be picked apart by the rich year after year until what they’ve been doing doesn’t work anymore. For a club like that, even if it’s run perfectly, you need big outside investment to be a long term threat.

That Bloom that owns them is plenty rich. There's a reason they get absolutely top money for all of their assets. And then they use that money they rob off the top clubs to only get better. The owner is very very switched on and knows what he is doing. I'm not sure this thing is going to crumble at all. 

They're reputation is going to rise after this season and being in Europe now, and more players are going to want to go there and so they will likely now start adding even better first team players to go with the young talent coming through.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought he was good again today tbh. He was shit against Everton obviously but before that I thought he was good against Man United too.

I think he’s a really poor keeper but was fine today against not much. Sunderland binned him off for being not good enough, which he wasn’t. Very weird career he’s had.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

He absolutely should do this. But turning down the Milan, Inter or Juve job in the next 12 months would be very very difficult to do, surely?

Yes, I think that's the kind of move that happens, but after next season, rather than this summer.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

His team could be picked apart though, personally I think the signings they have made are not good. De Zerbi could have a slow start next year and be out of a job by November. If Spurs come knocking I reckon he'll be off.

This bit is very confusing.

What signings are you talking about? Joao Pedro, Milner and Dahoud? Think those are all great moves myself.

Also, Brighton aren't the type of team that ditches managers after a slow start. That's more likely to be what Spurs will do, just like they did to Nuno earlier this season :lol: 

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I think he’s a really poor keeper but was fine today against not much. Sunderland binned him off for being not good enough, which he wasn’t. Very weird career he’s had.

Today was much more about his distribution I thought and it was spot on. I remember how bad he was at Sunderland, but keepers often take on mad trajectories I think. Look at Dubravka, or David James, Van der Sar, Victor Valdes, Navas. They're truly the drummers of the football world.

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What was your bet? Arsenal to win? With what return?

Ya Arsenal to win the title. Nothing big. Bet 200 to return 560. I did it on Jan 3rd. My bet for Newcastle was bet 200 return 9200 :lol: I was convinced the Arse bet would at least make back my Newcastle one. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Today was much more about his distribution I thought and it was spot on. I remember how bad he was at Sunderland, but keepers often take on mad trajectories I think. Look at Dubravka, or David James, Van der Sar, Victor Valdes, Navas. They're truly the drummers of the football world.

Haha yeah they are, an odd bunch. Oh yeah he’s good with the ball that’s why De Zerbi loves him 

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This bit is very confusing.

What signings are you talking about? Joao Pedro, Milner and Dahoud? Think those are all great moves myself.

Also, Brighton aren't the type of team that ditches managers after a slow start. That's more likely to be what Spurs will do, just like they did to Nuno earlier this season :lol: 

I'm just saying he's reportedly on £2 million a year at Brighton Spurs offer £15 million, if he gets an offer he'll be off like a shot just like Potter.

24 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Oodegard saying the title is gone and that "there is no hope now" jesus :lol:

They need city who haven’t lost since the 5th Feb and haven’t drawn since 18th Feb to suddenly lose three consecutive games. I mean it’s defeatist but he’s not wrong :lol:

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm just saying he's reportedly on £2 million a year at Brighton Spurs offer £15 million, if he gets an offer he'll be off like a shot just like Potter.

I'm sorry but you cannot say that with any certainty. Money is not the be all and end all to everyone in the same way. He's by no means a pauper on the side of the road afterall.

Anyway he said all this just a few weeks ago ...

De Zerbi was also asked about the market rumours and if he’d be in talks with Inter and Roma.

“My history shows, I don’t move depending on important or less important offers. I haven’t spoken to anyone, but I think that in this moment for my path, for my life, it’s important to stay here.

“I had to leave Shakhtar after eight months and I did it reluctantly and to leave Brighton after the same amount of time would seem to me like not getting the job done.

“My will is to stay, then I will have to talk to the club and discuss what they expect, what they want, what their ambitions are. I won’t put my hand on it, but my will is to stay.”

The 43-year-old Italian coach gave his thoughts on the Premier League.

“The Premier League I think is the best league in Europe in general. Serie A is very tactical and very difficult to prepare for because of the tactical difficulties. The German league is also very tactical and with many good coaches while the French league is very physical.

“The English league is a mix of everything, it’s a very physical league where there are very strong players, the best around. You find teams that are tactically prepared and difficult to play against like Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Aston Villa, or Fulham. It’s also very fascinating because of the crowd.”

De Zerbi spoke about his love for Milan.

“I grew up at Milan, I lived three years at Milanello and my football education comes from Milan, the real one, my football education comes from the Milan of Baresi, of Tassotti, of Maldini, of Boban, of Savicevic and of Costacurta.

“I’m a Brescia fan, but I’m grateful to Milan for what they gave me and how they brought me up. There is always an eye on them.”

He touched on his plans for the future.

“I don’t live for my career or what I have to win. I want to feel good about myself and feel gratified with my work. I have received a lot from football, but I have also given a lot. On the scales we are equal, and I want to enjoy myself.

“I don’t want to move from Brighton and then we’ll see what happens, also because sooner or later I will have to move. I’d like to go back to Italy one day, but I’d like to experience other things abroad, one in Germany and one in Brazil.”

Finally, De Zerbi reiterated his happiness with Brighton.

“Apart from the climate, I like everything about Brighton. I’m living a dream work-wise. I’m enjoying myself, I came from a very sad end with Shakhtar and maybe right now I’m enjoying this new experience more than in the past.

“I like everything, I like the league, I like my team and I like the way the English understand football. I feel good at the club and the results are coming too, I can’t ask for more.”

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka man just chill out its Sunday evening. 

Can I have a conversation with that man in peace.

Why are you always concerning yourself with what I'm doing man?

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Agreed. Thought he was excellent against Man Utd standing up against Rashford etc for some great saves.

PS I see no one died 2nd half on the pitch ?