Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum

simonsays

Lookman and Gordon have shown looking at base stats of G/A is meaningless, because if they’re in a crap side, they will be bad. It’s about their ability which both have shown since moving to sides that are attacking with good coaches.

Really really pleased for Lookman. Come a long way, the kid.

Alonso got exactly what he deserved tonight. Pissing around with tactics and team selection.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yep, but only if Atalanta finish 5th.

De Rossi and his expanding waistline and ill fitting trousers will be delighted with that

6 minutes ago, Mikky said:

He’s at a brilliant club - the amount of players they’ve churned out last 5/6 years - top coach Gasperini - been the nearly men for a while

Yeah, Atalanta has been great for him.

Seems a lot more disciplined, decisive and confident.

I really, really fucking hope we can feel like those Atalanta fans there do in the near future. Time ticking down knowing you've won a trophy for the first time in yonks.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I really, really fucking hope we can feel like those Atalanta fans there do in the near future. Time ticking down knowing you've won a trophy for the first time in yonks.

If (when!?!?) it happens, you know fine well it'll be the nerviest, heart stopping, hanging on to a deflected 1-0 of all time [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Me too! They played similar to us at our best and I desperately want us to play at our best in a final some day!

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Lookman and Gordon have shown looking at base stats of G/A is meaningless, because if they’re in a crap side, they will be bad. It’s about their ability which both have shown since moving to sides that are attacking with good coaches.

Always found it terrifying how much of a difference the right coach/manager and the right kind of setup can have, and how much it can affect a whole career.

Always felt footballers are way too careless about the clubs they choose to join, without considering these things enough.

There's a world where Lookman is still stuck at Everton with Dyche, not getting the opportunities to show his best, and being called shit every week.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Always found it terrifying how much of a difference the right coach/manager and the right kind of setup can have, and how much it can affect a whole career.

Always felt footballers are way too careless about the clubs they choose to join, without considering these things enough.

There's a world where Lookman is still stuck at Everton with Dyche, not getting the opportunities to show his best, and being called shit every week.

And there's that young upcomer Joselu at Real Madrid.

4 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

If (when!?!?) it happens, you know fine well it'll be the nerviest, heart stopping, hanging on to a deflected 1-0 of all time [emoji38]

Well I was nervous during the pens today - god knows how I’ll be in the 89th min of a final when we’re 1 up 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yep, but only if Atalanta finish 5th.

Atalanta have head to head. They can't finish any lower.

Edit: forgot they could overtake Juve.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Problem is Ederson just raised his profile and quite a few big clubs will be wanting him now.

The Ederson thing was in case Joelinton had to move on this summer IMO. If the contract hadn't been sorted out.

None of Joelinton, Bruno, Tonali and Ederson would come off the bench for us, so doesn't really make sense.

Personally think Horncastle can be a bit holier-than-thou and his Lord Farquaad trim looks fucking ridiculous but why broadcasters don't have journalists like him, Julian Laurens et al on as pundits who actually know what they're talking about regarding European teams more often is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Personally think Horncastle can be a bit holier-than-thou and his Lord Farquaad trim looks fucking ridiculous but why broadcasters don't have journalists like him, Julian Laurens et al on as pundits who actually know what they're talking about regarding European teams more often is beyond me.

Why have that when you can have Wio tripping over his own tongue?