Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum

simonsays

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Especially as he was signed as a CB.

He's very talented. Pretty sure I saw him fill in there as well as at DM at Brighton at times too. Got that all around ability like John Stones does.

I actually think Arsenal missed a trick not using him at DM when Partey was out injured at times. When they were short and used Sambi Lokonga (who was awful) instead last season.

Just now, NUFCDoog said:

That City/Arsenal game is massive man, looking at their fixtures I think they'll both win all the rest of their games so it all comes down to that

They both play Brighton, which they won't be looking forward to.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He's very talented. Pretty sure I saw him fill in there as well as at DM at Brighton at times too. Got that all around ability like John Stones does.

I actually think Arsenal missed a trick not using him at DM when Partey was out injured at times. When they were short and used Sambi Lokonga (who was awful) instead last season.

He's one of those players who only plays football as he's good at it.  Doesn't follow it off the field, suspect that helps from a mentality perspective.

Just now, NUFCDoog said:

Aye that'll be the toughest one for Arsenal and no doubt we'll be up for it, but the thought of Dan Burn ambling around against this attack terrifies me [emoji38]

Genuine question and for once not trying to be a twat - did he play in the previous game against them? We just need to do the same again, harass the shite out of them for 90 minutes and don't make any mistakes at the back.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Genuine question and for once not trying to be a twat - did he play in the previous game against them? We just need to do the same again, harass the shite out of them for 90 minutes and don't make any mistakes at the back.

He did, he started off awfully but then improved.

Burn, Joelinton and Willock all worked together on the left to shut Saka down after we tried pressing them in the first 20 minutes but they kept getting past us. Howe changed it, I'm fine when Joelinton's on the left of the front 3 for a more defensive job like that was.

5 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Aye that'll be the toughest one for Arsenal and no doubt we'll be up for it, but the thought of Dan Burn ambling around against this attack terrifies me [emoji38]

Especially since their second came from the position that burn would be picking up.