Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65697595

Five men who illegally streamed Premier League football matches to tens of thousands of people have been jailed.

Their operation, described as the biggest so far, received more than £7m from 50,000 subscribers.

At Derby Crown Court, the gang's "prime mover", Mark Gould, 36, was sentenced to 11 years in prison.

11 years is wild. 

It’s not just coz they’ve been streaming football. They’ve made themselves millionaires stealing and selling someone else’s product. 11 years is a lot tho 

12 hours ago, Jaqen said:

So the one who also got found with indecent images of kids on his computer only got 5 years? 

Obviously don't know how how big of a role he had in the operation but still seems a bit mental. 

Getting away from the guy with indecent images, I don’t get how you can be jailed due to a private prosecution, surely at that point it becomes a civil case?

18 hours ago, gdm said:

It’s not just coz they’ve been streaming football. They’ve made themselves millionaires stealing and selling someone else’s product. 11 years is a lot tho 

That is streaming football, isn't it?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That is streaming football, isn't it?

The point I’m clearly making is they’ve made millions of pounds from it. They’ve been charged with fraud and money laundering. 

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Maybe there's something to it, but could also just be timing. Most of those happened in the first half of the season and then Brighton/Brentford were after they won the league and were playing a different XI (which is still better than most tbf).

1 minute ago, gdm said:

The point I’m clearly making is they’ve made millions of pounds from it. They’ve been charged with fraud and money laundering. 

Oh sure, they make lots of money. The positive being that it's by providing a reasonably-priced service that loads of people want. 

If only the official channels would do that. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

54 minutes ago, 54 said:

lrvf6bkwx73b1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I was reading a tweet today, Texas has at least 75 high schools with a stadium capacity of over 10k, that’s high schools, not colleges/universities, high schools.

The tweet actually goes on to mention that Canada only has 16 stadiums with a capacity over 10k.