Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

4 hours ago, duo said:

Great another RB team :memeyeah:

Does Red Bull make all their money by selling that fizzy piss ? 

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Does Red Bull make all their money by selling that fizzy piss ? 

Yes. The profits on that drink must be massive.

13 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yes. The profits on that drink must be massive.

I'm pretty sure they outsource all of their production and just do the marketing and selling.

There aren't any expensive ingredients in there so I'd imagine it costs the same to produce as the cheap 50p cans, or likely far cheaper due to the economies of scale.

They're still seen as the premium product in the market due to name recognition alone, which allows them to charge 3-4x more which is pure profit.

5 hours ago, geordie_b said:

Surprised this hasn't been discussed yet (unless ive totally missed it somewhere) but next years League Cup will be seeded to ensure the teams playing in Europe cant play each other until at least the 5th round.

"The Carabao Cup has been forced to adopt a new “seeding mechanism” to ease the fixture pile-up caused by the extended Champions League format.

Rankings will ensure Champions League qualifiers do not draw Europa League teams, with third-round EFL Cup fixtures now spread over two weeks to further ease congestion.

The league has left its options open for the fifth round when it becomes clear whether there could be any further clashes with European competition.

The Europa Conference League (European football’s third tier) will affect any round three for the domestic competition as its group stages start at a later date. Unprecedented fixture chaos next season had previously prompted clubs to warn they might be be forced to field their kids in the Carabao Cup."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/29/carabao-cup-seeding-system-keep-big-clubs-apart-next-season/

So to ease congestion they make it easier for them to get through and... play more games :facepalm:

The game is so fucking corrupt its beyond belief

Is it not just champions league can’t draw europa league for 1 round - Arsenal could still draw Liverpool for example? 

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but Pickford seems an alright guy, and if we had the opportunity to sign him I'd 100% take it as he's a really good keeper.

Remains arguably one of the biggest arseholes I've ever had the misfortune to encounter on a night out. Bloke is an utter, utter wanker

28 minutes ago, 54 said:

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but Pickford seems an alright guy, and if we had the opportunity to sign him I'd 100% take it as he's a really good keeper.

Got to be a wind up.  Pickford is by far my most hated (don't like the word hate) person at this moment in time along with Donald Trump.  He's a complete arsehole who doesn't know how to control his emotions on the field of play.  His goalkeeping ability is average at best.  He has good games and bad games, how he is England's numbers one is staggering.

I think Pickford lowkey is courting us. Gets to come back home and he’s stopped his immature behaviour over recent seasons.

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Got to be a wind up.  Pickford is by far my most hated (don't like the word hate) person at this moment in time along with Donald Trump.  He's a complete arsehole who doesn't know how to control his emotions on the field of play.  His goalkeeping ability is average at best.  He has good games and bad games, how he is England's numbers one is staggering.

He’s by far England’s best goalkeeper.  It isn’t even close.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

He’s by far England’s best goalkeeper.  It isn’t even close.

I think Pope is England's best keeper.  So maybe you are swayed by public opinion.

Just now, Rod said:

I think Pope is England's best keeper.  So maybe you are swayed by public opinion.

Nah.  Pope is an excellent shotstopper but the rest of his game is suspect.

I can see why he doesn’t get picked now as if he’s not going to be Number 1 at 32, what’s the point in picking him?

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

I think this is a ridiculous comment 

Pickford is clearly better than pope 

if anyone’s being swayed it’s you by loyalty

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

You need help if Pickford is your most hated person int he world 

Just now, Sima said:

Nah.  Pope is an excellent shotstopper but the rest of his game is suspect.

I can see why he doesn’t get picked now as if he’s not going to be Number 1 at 32, what’s the point in picking him?

OK, you obviously can't see beyond Pickford for whatever reason.  So you think Southgate, I mean Southgate, knows it all?  He thinks Pickford will be there forever, Maguire, Henderson, Shaw, Kane.  Southgate is a complete knacker that scuppered our chances against Italy and it will happen again under his leadership.  Back to our point, I honestly think Pickford is massively overrated.  If he is our best then God help us.

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

No, Trump is.

7 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I meant to say most hated footballer (sorry).

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

OK, you obviously can't see beyond Pickford for whatever reason.  So you think Southgate, I mean Southgate, knows it all?  He thinks Pickford will be there forever, Maguire, Henderson, Shaw, Kane.  Southgate is a complete knacker that scuppered our chances against Italy and it will happen again under his leadership.  Back to our point, I honestly think Pickford is massively overrated.  If he is our best then God help us.

He’s the best goalkeeper.

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

No, Trump is.

In second place is Margaret Thatcher.

Scratch that.

1st - Thatcher

2nd - Trump

Pickford is a top goalkeeper. Proficient at nearly all aspects, including playing it with his feet and distribution. 

I quite respect that that he winds up our fans when we play them, he is just giving as good as he gets.