Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Moeten Gamst Pedersen hasn’t retired yet.

He's such a peak Barclays player. 

Him and Tugay

A gag gift I got from a mate for my birthday was a 99p charity shop find, a choose-your-own-adventure type book published 20 years ago where you play football matches, solo or against someone else with a different team's book -  in this case as "Tyne Athletic". God knows how to play it because it seems mindboggling complicated from a brief flick through the rules but found it fascinating to think of some guy plotting it all out and some of the player profiles etc are amusing.

GjswDw8.jpeg

A brief selection of some of the pages in spoiler

Spoiler

S8kUx9G.jpeg

jgGXMXO.jpeg

4Rz0z4A.jpeg

PQtaNwQ.jpeg

fgRvhFF.jpeg

6sBtTXi.jpeg

I used to do a play by mail football manager game, you had to pick your team and send it off every week, in return you got a magazine with the results, league tables, interviews with managers, transfers ect.

It sounds shite but I was obsessed with it.

I’d laugh, but I think there’s a real chance we’d be the same. It’s what happens when something is as easy as it has been for Man city.

10 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I’d laugh, but I think there’s a real chance we’d be the same. It’s what happens when something is as easy as it has been for Man city.

It would happen to most, you'd think. They've literally won half of every competition they've entered over the last seven years, there can't be much left to feel. 

I guess at that point, the only strong emotional reaction you have as a fan comes when you don’t win something. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I kind of feel sorry for Man City fans, particularly having known a few loyal ones before it all happened. It's almost like their club got kidnapped in one of those Central Asian wedding ceremonies and everyone's telling them they should be pleased about it.

One of those I knew was a young middle class lad born and raised in London. We both agreed at the time of the takeover he'd look like one of the biggest glory hunters in the world. He had the true joy stolen from him.

However it's happened, I do feel lucky we aren't being forced on the same path as them. It would feel so hollow.

Edited by 80

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It would happen to most, you'd think. They've literally won half of every competition they've entered over the last seven years, there can't be much left to feel. 

The way the rules are atm I can't see that changing anytime soon either.  Financially they are just in a different stratosphere to every other club.

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Dear god

Grim. Contrast with the week of scenes there'd have been of we'd won the League Cup. 

4 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Grim. Contrast with the week of scenes there'd have been of we'd won the League Cup. 

I'd begrudgingly accept you might get bored with winning all the time and it's not really fair to compare that to us winning a first trophy for 50years but it's STILL embarrassing af

10 hours ago, OCK said:

Man U firing Ten Hag and all their staff will eat in to their already low FFP budget :tobey:

Then our Saudi overlords will bail them out of the shit with overinflated fees for Varane and Fattymiro, plus someone with zero morals will buy Rapethem Greenwood.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Then our Saudi overlords will bail them out of the shit with overinflated fees for Varane and Fattymiro, plus someone with zero morals will buy Rapethem Greenwood.

I'd be buzzing if they bought Varane given his contract ends in 4 weeks. :lol: