League Cup 4th Round - Newcastle Utd v AFC Bournemouth (20/12/22 @ 7.45pm)

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Still don't understand why they just can't open the whole stadium up from the start. This isn't Mike Ashleys NUFC anymore, this game is a guaranteed sell out.

Agreed - 50k+ at the previous cup game, no reason not to expect the same level of support for this one, even with it being played 4 days before Christmas

4 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Agreed - 50k+ at the previous cup game, no reason not to expect the same level of support for this one, even with it being played 4 days before Christmas

The last round sold out over 2 weeks before the fixture was played!

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Still don't understand why they just can't open the whole stadium up from the start. This isn't Mike Ashleys NUFC anymore, this game is a guaranteed sell out.

To reward L7 ST Holders over memberships and also ST holders seeking additions. Might in theory keep a better atmosphere in the lower bowls and push the more casual to the upper tiers. That’s my thinking anyway 🤷‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

To reward L7 ST Holders over memberships and also ST holders seeking additions. Might in theory keep a better atmosphere in the lower bowls and push the more casual to the upper tiers. That’s my thinking anyway 🤷‍♂️ 

The season ticket holders I know who are in Level 7 prefer the view up there. Think they should be allowed the choice of whether they buy there own seat or move to the lower bowl. I could understand if they were only expecting 30k but its going to be a sell out.

It's probably the last think that Ashley implemented that's still ongoing. Before he arrived L7 was always opened up for Cup games regardless of the attendance. He closed it because he didn't see the cups as serious competitions.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

The season ticket holders I know who are in Level 7 prefer the view up there. Think they should be allowed the choice of whether they buy there own seat or move to the lower bowl. I could understand if they were only expecting 30k but its going to be a sell out.

It's probably the last think that Ashley implemented that's still ongoing. Before he arrived L7 was always opened up for Cup games regardless of the attendance. He closed it because he didn't see the cups as serious competitions.

They haven’t been stopped from buying their own seat.

17 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They have. Level 7 is a free for all like it was in the last round.

That’s not how I read it but I’ll take your word for it. I thought they would pick their own seat phase 1 or wait until phase 2 to improve it/move lower.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That’s not how I read it but I’ll take your word for it. I thought they would pick their own seat phase 1 or wait until phase 2 to improve it/move lower.

No they get first pick of lower bowl tickets after current lower bowl ST holders have had a window to take up their own seat.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

No they get first pick of lower bowl tickets after current lower bowl ST holders have had a window to take up their own seat.

Like I say I’ll take your word for it. Just dug original email out my bin folder and it makes no mention of excluding L7 from the first phase though just says Season Ticket Holders (Available To Select Your Own Seat). It does mention them specifically for the second phase.

I take it your friends did attempt to buy their L7 tickets at phase one and not assume not to? You use the email link to purchase your own seat. You don’t go in manually.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Like I say I’ll take your word for it. Just dug original email out my bin folder and it makes no mention of excluding L7 from the first phase though just says Season Ticket Holders (Available To Select Your Own Seat). It does mention them specifically for the second phase.

I take it your friends did attempt to buy their L7 tickets at phase one and not assume not to? You use the email link to purchase your own seat. You don’t go in manually.

They had to buy in the lower bowl or take a chance that L7 would open up but by the time that happened all tickets were on general sale so the chances of getting their own seat were slim.

They don't open up L7 to anyone at all until the lower bowl is on the way to selling out.

Well I stand corrected if that’s the case. Email should’ve read excluding L7 Seats on the phase one 👍🏻

Mind you I’d still question why you wouldn’t want a lower seat for view and atmosphere unless you are literally bottom couple of rows which you never should be as more than enough to give ST holders a decent seat. 

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well I stand corrected if that’s the case. Email should’ve read excluding L7 Seats on the phase one 👍🏻

Mind you I’d still question why you wouldn’t want a lower seat for view and atmosphere unless you are literally bottom couple of rows which you never should be as more than enough to give ST holders a decent seat. 

One of my mates has an autistic son. Literally everything he does is following a routine. He's fine at the match, in fact that's where he's most comfortable, but he has to go through the same turnstile every time, things like that. They got tickets for the Palace game but couldn't get their exact seats and had to wait for GS. They used the same turnstile but they were 1 row behind their usual seats and a few seats along. The bairn just couldn't settle and they had to leave before the end.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

One of my mates has an autistic son. Literally everything he does is following a routine. He's fine at the match, in fact that's where he's most comfortable, but he has to go through the same turnstile every time, things like that. They got tickets for the Palace game but couldn't get their exact seats and had to wait for GS. They used the same turnstile but they were 1 row behind their usual seats and a few seats along. The bairn just couldn't settle and they had to leave before the end.

I’d imagine that was more down to the quality of the match than his Autism 🙂 Bless him. Got (in my eyes) quite a severely autistic nephew but he’s still a bit young at 7 for football so not took him yet. Will give it another couple of years as nearer 9-10 for any kid probably makes more sense because of overall attention spans. I was 9 for my first game. Couldn’t imagine it being a pleasant experience when I do take him. Too many people for him. Prefers small activities. Helping out walking him back from school for a period was an eye opener to his little habits/routines. Just got to try and break them out of them. Easier said than done of course. So hopefully your friends try again in different seats and just keep explaining the reasons if required for them to understand the different location 👍🏻

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I’d imagine that was more down to the quality of the match than his Autism 🙂 Bless him. Got (in my eyes) quite a severely autistic nephew but he’s still a bit young at 7 for football so not took him yet. Will give it another couple of years as nearer 9-10 for any kid probably makes more sense because of overall attention spans. I was 9 for my first game. Couldn’t imagine it being a pleasant experience when I do take him. Too many people for him. Prefers small activities. Helping out walking him back from school for a period was an eye opener to his little habits/routines. Just got to try and break them out of them. Easier said than done of course. So hopefully your friends try again in different seats and just keep explaining the reasons if required for them to understand the different location 👍🏻

He's going to try for his own seat again when they decide to open L7 up. Hopefully if we get through this round they'll just open the whole stadium up at the same time and it'll save him a headache.

I was 5 when I went to my first home game, sat on my dads shoulders at the back of the paddocks in the early 80s.

Took my son to his first game v Huddersfield in the Championship aged 3 and he never took his eyes off it. I thought that would be the case which is why I took him at a young age. He had everyone around us in stitches as we were walking out when he proclaimed in a pretty loud voice that "we'll get relegated again at this rate!".

22 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’ll try and get a ticket tomorrow morning when it opens for members. Has anyone seen the stadium availability map, are there many seats left? I would imagine more season tickets holders will go.

If the areas list on the website is accurate then there are 100-400 left per section. Dunno how much that adds up to or if it's good or bad :lol: