The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

It's mad like, only just into December and we've already played this lot :lol:

Man City x2 
PSG x2
Borussia Dortmund x2
Man United x2
Arsenal
Liverpool
AC Milan
Villa
Brighton
Chelsea

W: 7 D: 2 L: 5

GF: 22 GA: 13

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Man City x2 
PSG x2
Borussia Dortmund x2
Man United x2
Arsenal
Liverpool
AC Milan
Villa
Brighton
Chelsea

2 weeks tomorrow we'll have a Tottenham and a second Chelsea and AC Milan to add to the list!

20 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't think UEFA website is up to date (or at least for some reason doesn't give an accurate reflection of the state of play).

This is best site for tracking coefficients up to date:

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html

We're currently 2nd - but any of the big four could get it probably. All depends on who can stay in Europe in any form as getting knocked out altogether can be a drag on the average later in the season.

Edit: I have worked out why UEFA website isn't 100% up to date. It hasn't yet factored in the bonus points for getting out of CL group stages (other countries have all had the 5 points each added on where they're through on the other website). Belgium won't get any of these. So the above website is a much more accurate reflection of the current state of play (and likelihood of which countries have a chance of being top two).

Finishing ahead of Milan to knock them out entirely would be helpful.

5 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

If it wasn't for our injuries we'd have got top four again easily like, to still have a chance says a lot about Howe. 

Got to say though, I have been really heartened to see the quality of the football we are playing even with so many players out. We were really slick against Man U for the majority of the game, we just lack a bit of killer instinct with the likes of Almiron and Joelinton when they get forward. Joelinton was brilliant otherwise.

Just now, TRon said:

Got to say though, I have been really heartened to see the quality of the football we are playing even with so many players out. We were really slick against Man U for the majority of the game, we just lack a bit of killer instinct with the likes of Almiron and Joelinton when they get forward. Joelinton was brilliant otherwise.

Aye fills you with confidence really it's a style and way of playing that Howe is instilling into them. If it works well with back up players and youngsters coming through think how well it's going to work each time we managed to upgrade players. We haven't really improved our starting 11 on last season other than Livromento now coming into left back and that's made a massive difference. 

13 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Aye fills you with confidence really it's a style and way of playing that Howe is instilling into them. If it works well with back up players and youngsters coming through think how well it's going to work each time we managed to upgrade players. We haven't really improved our starting 11 on last season other than Livromento now coming into left back and that's made a massive difference. 

Yep. Dan Burn has never let us down, but it's eye-opening seeing the difference a quality footballer can make in that position.

52 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yep. Dan Burn has never let us down, but it's eye-opening seeing the difference a quality footballer can make in that position.

He's done a job when called upon so credit where its due but the difference with Livromento is night and day. Burn will have to be a back up centre half and full back going forward. With our luck with injuries he'll likely still get games and do a job again at some point.

Edited by WideopenMag

Feels like the first half of the season has been affected quite dramatically by last minute goals. Liverpool in particular probably could have been about 10 points worse off without them, Arsenal also snatched a few precious points in the dying moments.

Still, I guess that's what makes champions or CL contenders at least. Let's see how it plays out in the second half of the season, maybe we'll be grabbing the last minute winners and pissing off the rivals.

37 minutes ago, TRon said:

Feels like the first half of the season has been affected quite dramatically by last minute goals. Liverpool in particular probably could have been about 10 points worse off without them, Arsenal also snatched a few precious points in the dying moments.

Still, I guess that's what makes champions or CL contenders at least. Let's see how it plays out in the second half of the season, maybe we'll be grabbing the last minute winners and pissing off the rivals.

Brings into focus our injury situation (again) - we're unable to really finish games strongly at the minute.

On 04/12/2023 at 11:07, Kid Icarus said:

Man City x2 
PSG x2
Borussia Dortmund x2
Man United x2
Arsenal
Liverpool
AC Milan
Villa
Brighton
Chelsea

P14 W7 D2 L5 from that lot. That's a very good record if you can win half of your games against the better sides, like. It's the "elite" sides (City and Liverpool in my eyes pretty much) in the league which just appears to be the last hurdle and we're there. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Just being able to beat Liverpool would go some way.... :lol:

Feel like we can't beat them cunts. I bet half of Howes losses have come to Liverpool. :lol:

I've just written those fixtures off for now. I'll watch them expecting to find some way to lose, don't think it's worth setting expectations too high when the marginal decisions are likely to go in their favour.

Thought I would look at a couple of our Top 4 rivals, in terms of the relative difficulty of their games to date (haven’t checked Spurs yet) and where the points, to date, have come from. 

image001.png.716cc2c028dd7b6af71ebdff7e010983.png

We have had a harder start than either: 8 games against Tier 1&2 sides  (6 at home and 2 away) compared to 6 for MU (3H 3A) and 5 for AV (1H 4A). 

image002.png.954e089dfe74cab59fa223fde70b7eb3.png
In terms of points accrued we have 15 from T1&T2 (all home). MU have 3pts (H) and AV have 9pts (3H 6A all T2). So neither of the other two have taken any points from T1 sides (based on league position last year (T1= Ars, MC, MU, NU, Liv). 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just wish I could go the whole hog and have an 1860s ‘sepia & torn’ look! 

I like to imagine you handwrite all your posts in a freezing writer's shed at the bottom of your garden, wearing a battered old coat and fingerless gloves, accompanied only by a metal coffee flask, an ashtray overflowing with roll-up butts, and stacks of NUFC history books all over the floor. Then you have to give your note scraps to a kindly old neighbour to publish online for you.