The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, Stifler said:

Absolute horrific take. Might as well have said that we shouldn’t have been in the Champions League this season, and also completely dismisses what Villa have done this season.

Yep - that's my point 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

It’s not major though.

Of course it is, it's no different in standard to the old cup winners cup really

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t know how some people are not bothered about not being in Europe.

After the time we had under Ashley, after having the team now, where you would think that we would be favourites, after our love affair with European games in the past. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t be disappointed. Fair enough if you are club that view it as a distraction, but for us it wouldn’t be. Realistically now we have been whittled down to just 2 trophies that we can win next season.

I’m fucking gutted, especially when you consider that Man Utd fan’s largely couldn’t give a fuck about the Europa League, and likely don’t even give much of a fuck about winning the FA Cup, and Chelsea fans certainly couldn’t be arsed with the Conference League.

Our fans, and our club would relish every match, we would treat it like West Ham did last season, and to an extent how Villa have this season.

This is a brilliant post like. Sums up exactly how I feel about it.

Even worse that it was fucking City who couldn't just show up and get it done.

Bears repeating we're gonna be a giant fucking headache to face in the PL next season. Methinks the Howe-high-press a la 2022/23 will be back on full force.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

This is a brilliant post like. Sums up exactly how I feel about it.

Even worse that it was fucking City who couldn't just show up and get it done.

Tbf, City had already won plenty, there was always the fear they might not be that motivated. Most of them were on the beach already more than likely.

Just now, Collage said:

Well, I disagree.

Fair enough. It is recognised by UEFA as a major competiton and the rest of football fans. Just not you then!

4 minutes ago, Collage said:

True, just said I’d rather win the League cup. It’s a classic cup, a lot of history. The same with Europa League/UEFA cup. The conference league is a Mickey Mouse cup.

Beggars can't be choosers pal! I'd take any trophy with the possible exception of the pizza one the mackems won 

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Is there still a chance that Chelsea get booted out due to not complying with UEFA's PSR rules? #clutching

Nah, not a fucking chance, all fucking paper talk. They might be at risk next year, but they will likely be able to fudge some money around and get away with it, like the hotel deal they have just got away with.

8 minutes ago, Sir Les said:

The Conference would have been a good way to get our UEFA coefficient up so that we don't get another group of death when we get CL again, never mind the real chance of actually winning a major trophy.

you cant with the new format?

Ultimately I can tell myself a lot of things to try to make myself feel better - and honestly our club will continue its upward trajectory no matter what - but it fucking sucks to miss out on Europe.

1 minute ago, Sir Les said:

Fair enough. It is recognised by UEFA as a major competiton and the rest of football fans. Just not you then!

Aye, in my opinion if the competition you win, get you into Europe for winning it, then it’s a major trophy.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Is there still a chance that Chelsea get booted out due to not complying with UEFA's PSR rules? #clutching

Nah they'll just sell Palmer to themselves and they'll be sorted

We’ve been in one final since 99 and not won anything since like colour TV was invented. 

Turning nose up at ECL is mad. Want us in more competitions, because it’s a chance to win something. When there’s not a chance to win a trophy, what’s the point? 

Just now, astraguy said:

you cant with the new format?

Still applies, not as much, but still applies.

Also you can qualify for the Club World Cup on the back of coefficients over a number of years as well.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's honestly amazing the consistency with which we cannot have fucking anything nice. :lol:

You had the easy life as a scouser and you threw it all away. :saylor:

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah, not a fucking chance, all fucking paper talk. They might be at risk next year, but they will likely be able to fudge some money around and get away with it, like the hotel deal they have just got away with.

Have they got away with the hotel thing? I thought the PL we’re still yet to approve it

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Have they got away with the hotel thing? I thought the PL we’re still yet to approve it

The Premier League brought in a high level employee on the behalf of the likes of Chelsea to stop the takeover. You think they will punish Chelsea for ‘balancing the book’ that would assist us, when they have sat on it for a couple of months already?

MU winning today makes it a dark day 

disgraceful no show from City 

players like Akanji shooting miles over from 40 yards which allowed them to run down the clock more was so pathetic and infuriating 

on the plus side we managed top 4 and a cup final last season without European football so could end up a blessing in disguise if we can go one better