The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Did another predictor. This time I included Brighton and Villa, as well as us, Spurs and Man U.

I had us finishing 4th, 7 points ahead of Spurs in 5th, who were 3 ahead of Brighton in 6th, then Villa in 7th.

Just as note, we drew against Spurs, Brighton and Arsenal at home, won the rest against Leicester, Southampton, Leeds and Everton.

I thought that was fair since there's a good chance we convert those draws into wins and also a fair chance we don't win all those other games.

What works so so well for us, is that all of our rivals play each other.

Brighton against Villa for example. Spurs have Man United and Liverpool.

The fixtures just fall for us.

So to break it down over the next week we have:

Newcastle - Spurs (h), Everton (a), Southampton (h)

Spurs - Newcastle (a), Man United (h), Liverpool (a)

Brighton - Forest (a), Wolves (h)

Villa - Brentford (a), Fulham (h), Man United (a)

There's 7 fixtures left that HAVE to result in our rivals dropping points in. In no particular order:

MU - Villa

Spu - MU

Villa - Spu

Villa - Brig

Liv - Villa

Brig - MU

Liv - Spu

We're several points ahead of ALL of them and have games in hand on 2 of them and we've played a game more than 2 of them. If it comes down to it our GD is also better than all of them too. We play Spurs and Brighton both at home too obviously. I'm just struggling to see how none of them drop enough points for us not to make it. I thought the %s from Opta and 538 seemed a bit big but atm we've got a bit of wiggle room tbh. 

I'll go 7.2

It’s just fucking class being so invested in it all again, to be honest. July 2019 - 6/10/21 I barely gave a fuck that we played, let alone won.

Games like yesterday happen at least once a season to 99% of teams, you just have to hold your hands up and accept you took a hiding. Fair play to Villa, they look a quality side. But I think everyone - especially Howe - would have taken 15 points from

the 18 available in our last 6. 

We are no worse off than we were at 12:29 Saturday thanks to Bournemouth. Write it off and move on. 

5/8 games at home. 3 away to Everton, Leeds and a shit Chelsea. It’s very much in our hands and I trust the lads to get the job done.

As I’ve said in previous posts, the biggest match I can remember at that sexy cunt of a stadium is 7 days away. Beat them and go 6 clear of 5th with a game in hand, with 7 games to go. If someone had told me this in September 2021 I’d have asked for a couple off of whatever they were smoking. 

Howay the fucking lads.

19 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

7. If we beat Spurs, then it would jump to a 9. 

Everton are shite but don’t think we match great against them as they pack the middle. Need Maxi back for that one. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What about us? 

Maybe looking ahead a little and this is in no way aimed at Gordon’s ability, but I’d be leaving him out the squad for the game at Goodison. Everton’s best chance is to get the crown on side and Gordon being there would guarantee that.

7 minutes ago, midds said:

There's 7 fixtures left that HAVE to result in our rivals dropping points in. In no particular order:

MU - Villa

Spu - MU

Villa - Spu

Villa - Brig

Liv - Villa

Brig - MU

Liv - Spu

We're several points ahead of ALL of them and have games in hand on 2 of them and we've played a game more than 2 of them. If it comes down to it our GD is also better than all of them too. We play Spurs and Brighton both at home too obviously. I'm just struggling to see how none of them drop enough points for us not to make it. I thought the %s from Opta and 538 seemed a bit big but atm we've got a bit of wiggle room tbh. 

I'll go 7.2

Good analysis. I can't see us losing more than 2 and I can't see us winning less than 3.  We will pick up enough points to creep over the line.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Good analysis. I can't see us losing more than 2 and I can't see us winning less than 3.  We will pick up enough points to creep over the line.

I don’t see why we should creep. Are we thinking we’ll continue to play as bad as yesterday? 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said: