The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Villa don't worry, Liverpool on the other hand... They have a run of fixtures now where they could win every one of them and it wouldn't shock me at at all. Villa still have to go to Old Trafford, go to Wolves (local derby), and go to LIverpool. 

I was kidding if it wasn't clear - I haven't been worried about Villa at any point in time.

Just now, STM said:

Blaming West Hams shite season on Europe is doing Moyes a massive favour, by the way.

In the summer they recruited players that didn't suit his system whatsoever and continued to play dullard football.

He's been saved by the quality they have in their squad but ultimately their failures have been down to his management as much as the extra workload in Europe.

Emery won't make the same mistakes, he knows the pitfalls like the back of his hand and will recruit the correct players.

They will finish top 8 again next year and have a good run in Europe.

I do agree. But of course European football doesn't help.

As I say, when you get European football, it takes major investment to compete across all fronts. If you don't get it right, it can massively backfire.

Just did my run-in calculator.

Had us winning vs Southampton and Leicester, draws v Arsenal, Brighton, Leeds and Chelsea. Ended up 4th with Liverpool a point behind.

They won all their games, including vs Spurs, Villa, Brentford, Fulham and Leicester which do have some capacity for them to at least draw in.

Spurs 6th on 64

Brighton 7th on 63

Villa 8th on 58

Brentford 9th on 53

Fulham 10th on 48

Amazing to think during our bad run that Brentford and Fulham got quite close to us.

Chelsea ended up 12th on 44 points - a £600m spend for a Steve Bruce season.

Leeds, Everton and Southampton relegated. Forest scrape through by a point.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

I also think Emery will get poached by another club at some point. Maybe even the summer.

He might well. Arsenal could do with some trophy  winning pedigree. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Very tempted to put a couple of quid on us to get 2nd spot. 150/1 with SkyBet.

Also, interestingly we are 12/1 to win the Premier League next year :rolleyes:

I'll give you 160/1.

2 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Six games left and we could win the league and Chelsea could get relegated, imagine saying that in August.

One of our fans phoned up talksport this morning and said how amazing things were going and that mathematically we could still win the league (but obviously said in jest).

Fucking fat Alan Brazil and that muppet Ray "party" Parlour quickly shut him down and said "think you need to check you calculator PAL" even though it is mathematically still possible. 

Really pissed me off :lol:

One downside to us getting better is it brings out all the idiots in our fan base contacting the media. Personally wish we’d keep things in general quite low profile but I know it will never happen ?

30 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

I mean all that needs to happen is for arsenal and city to lose all their remaining games and us win all of ours. Winnable.

I mean some of us are fearing Liverpool doing this to us :lol: 

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I mean some of us are fearing Liverpool doing this to us :lol: 

Me included lol. On the other hand it's also not that insane to think we could overhaul arsenal the way they are playing.

This whole season has been otherworldly so I don't know what to think about anything any more really.

5 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

One of our fans phoned up talksport this morning and said how amazing things were going and that mathematically we could still win the league (but obviously said in jest).

Fucking fat Alan Brazil and that muppet Ray "party" Parlour quickly shut him down and said "think you need to check you calculator PAL" even though it is mathematically still possible. 

Really pissed me off :lol:

Ray Parlour seems a sound bloke but he talks some shite.  He was advocating the other day that Leicester should get Martin O’Neil in for his experience, same with Harry Redknapp and Spurs.  “Knows the club”, “huge experience” PFM drivel 

36 minutes ago, wormy said:

Right? What an idiot. It's clearly Fulham we should be weary of. They're about to go on a run,I can feel it.

come on lads. villa could win every game and still only leave us needing 7 points.

Two other huge games this Sunday.

With Man U vs Villa and Liverpool vs Spurs.

If things go our way we could be 10pts clear of 5th by Sunday night. I don't see Spurs getting anything at Anfield but it has happened in the past and Villa could certainly win or draw against Man Utd. 

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

still on for second place - very long shot but if we win all our games and arsenal implode and only pick up another 5 points.......

Arsenal have Chelsea at home, three point banker at the current time.

First time this season I've done a table predictor. Partly because I'm lazy and there's not many games left now. This is what I ended up with and I was trying to be pessimistic. 

Screenshot_20230429_114050_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5328c1ed8dc44622bddde1537dfd5dc7.jpg