The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

We'll unfortunately not get anything against Spurs I don't think. Whilst Chelsea play Sheff Utd and then Everton after that. So they could be above us by the time our Spurs game is over.

Thankfully after that our run in is a bit smoother, but I could conceivably see us drop to 10th before we play Palace and then fingers crossed drag ourselves back up the table over the next few games.

Betvictor have us and Chelsea the same odds for a top 6 finish:

image.thumb.png.561360a65daf8e6421ca7323f43e6f35.png

West Ham do have Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City (final day, so may or may not be quite as daunting) to play in their final 7 games, plus two tough matches to come in Europe, but 11/4 to 25/1 seems far too big IMO.

30 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

We'll unfortunately not get anything against Spurs I don't think. Whilst Chelsea play Sheff Utd and then Everton after that. So they could be above us by the time our Spurs game is over.

Thankfully after that our run in is a bit smoother, but I could conceivably see us drop to 10th before we play Palace and then fingers crossed drag ourselves back up the table over the next few games.

They got beat 3-0 at Fulham a couple of games back. Most of us would be happy with a draw but christ you reek of defeatism. In fact, if you were your avatar you'd have been shot for that[emoji38]

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Eddie deserves the manager of the season award if we somehow finish 6th with the injuries we have had all season long .

Was just thinking the same about Ten Hag, especially since the majority of injuries were in defence. 

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Was just thinking the same about Ten Hag, especially since the majority of injuries were in defence. 

You're a very good troll.

51 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Difference being your squad cost about 500 million more than ours .

Normally at this stage of the season a broadcaster etc has a graph of all teams remaining fixtures etc,Can't find shit atm and way too pissed might do it tomorrow

I'll save everyone a few pages:

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

N-O: The difference is one is overachieving and one isn't

Froggy: Look at spend / net spend since takeover

N-O: That's misleading, look at squad value and wages

Froggy: (ignores wages) Ten Hag didn't want half those players and he didn't want Antony at £85m. Our squad value is inflated because our board is dumb.

N-O: As if Eddie Howe's ideal squad includes players like Ritchie, Dummett, Krafth, and Gillespie. Man United has half of a first XI on higher wages than Bruno.

Froggy: 

b06107ea-1a7d-4800-97a8-268e19e41737_tex

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'll save everyone a few pages:

N-O: The difference is one is overachieving and one isn't

Froggy: Look at spend / net spend since takeover

N-O: That's misleading, look at squad value and wages

Froggy: (ignores wages) Ten Hag didn't want half those players and he didn't want Antony at £85m. Our squad value is inflated because our board is dumb.

N-O: As if Eddie Howe's ideal squad includes players like Ritchie, Dummett, Krafth, and Gillespie. Man United has half of a first XI on higher wages than Bruno.

Froggy: 

b06107ea-1a7d-4800-97a8-268e19e41737_tex

Thanks for writing out our problems for me. Acting like players such as  Rashford being on stupid wages is a reason why we should be higher when in reality it's the reason we aren't. :lol:

I'd swap you Ritchie for Rashford right now. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Thanks for writing out our problems for me. Acting like players such as  Rashford being on stupid wages is a reason why we should be higher when in reality it's the reason we aren't. :lol:

Considering the development of just about every player in the last 2+ years, do you know what Eddie would do with a player as talented as Rashford? That's pretty much the end of the argument right there.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Considering the development of just about every player in the last 2+ years, do you know what Eddie would do with a player as talented as Rashford? That's pretty much the end of the argument right there.

He'd do absolutely nothing. Eddie Howe is a good manager, he isn't a God. 

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

[emoji38] Deal, Sir Ratcliffe 

Maybe throw in Dummett as well, as the kitman might be starting at CB tomorrow. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Aye, to be fair, you're snookered at the minute in defence. Can only see tomorrow's game going one way, the Chelsea game was madness.

It's also madness that I'd probably want to hang to Dummet right now and not take that deal [emoji38]

8 hours ago, Beth said:

They got beat 3-0 at Fulham a couple of games back. Most of us would be happy with a draw but christ you reek of defeatism. In fact, if you were your avatar you'd have been shot for that[emoji38]

But that isn't how football works, Fulham beating them means very little, seeing as they then went and drew against a terrible Sheff Utd side and lost to Forrest. 

Spurs are a better side than Fulham. The way we played in that first half would be a dream for Spurs, we won't be let off the hook like Fulham just did.

Obviously I HOPE we get something against Tottenham but I am realistic considering how our form and performances have been this entire season.

42 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

But that isn't how football works, Fulham beating them means very little, seeing as they then went and drew against a terrible Sheff Utd side and lost to Forrest. 

Spurs are a better side than Fulham. The way we played in that first half would be a dream for Spurs, we won't be let off the hook like Fulham just did.

Obviously I HOPE we get something against Tottenham but I am realistic considering how our form and performances have been this entire season.

I'd be surprised if we play that poorly at home

Even in the games we've dropped points (Luton, Forest, Bournemouth, Everton) we've created a decent amount of chances and looked threatening 

Today that first half was bad, struggled to even muster up an attempt whilst it was wave after wave of attack from Fulham 

That's not to say we'll beat Spurs, I just think we'll create chances, just got to hope we take them and tighten up defensively 

7 points from 9 is a good return and would have taken it if offered before the 3 games, though the manner of the dropped points against Everton still rankles. It was so unnecessary from Dummett

After Liverpool beat Man U tomorrow we should have been a point ahead of them with the same games played

Battle for 6th will be between us, Man U, Chelsea and West Ham, and there won't be a huge margin for error as I think of the sides will put a run together

It's great to have something to focus on and hope to achieve. At present that's the EL it may change very soon to the Conference League let's see what the Spurs game brings and reevaluate things.

Just keep the season alive please as I don't particularly want to focus on next seasons squad, who's leaving ect just yet.

8 hours ago, Froggy said:

He'd do absolutely nothing. Eddie Howe is a good manager, he isn't a God. 

Eddie has shown he can get the best out of players though , he has made players a lot worse than Rashford look good.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

But that isn't how football works.

Exactly. Can't believe some are writing next off like it's Man City away. 

9 hours ago, Froggy said:

It's statistically proven that teams with higher wages do better in the league.

Yes, of course there are anomalies, but it's a bit ludicrous to suggest that Manchester United finishing 6th would merit him winning manager of the year award. 

I'll assume your last sentence is more tongue in cheek. Rashford is damaged goods at your club who needs a fresh start and will be awfully hard to shift with his high wages. 

It's clear your recruitment hasn't been great which is why you are poaching our DoF. Once you sort that out, you will see better performances rather than scrapping 1-0 wins. 

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

We beat a better spurs side quite well last season. Pathetic to just throw in the towel like this

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

We beat a better spurs side quite well last season. Pathetic to just throw in the towel like this

We beat them but they definitely weren't a better side compared to this season. They literally hit the suicide button experimenting with the 442 formation with wing backs playing as full backs. That's why we were 5-0 in however many minutes it were and they quickly reverted to a back 3. 

Had a quick look at our league form since returning to a game a week.

We're looking at W5-D3-L3, with two of those loses coming v City and Arsenal.

We're absolutely no where near our best, but it's a vast improvement on the pre-Christmas form. What is also promising is that three of those wins have come away from home.

Edited by The Prophet