The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This guy is keeping track.

The opta one is good as it takes into account the odds of it.

@nilsmackay will probably post the odds tomorrow. I imagine its now 70-30 in the Germans favour

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

From our point of view, we just need to continue to aim for sixth and worry about how it all plays out later.

This is true. However some room for error would be nice.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Liverpool have just killed our season

:lol: Good God man. 

I feel like it could be injury time on the last day with 6th to play for I'll read "season's over" cos we've conceded a throw.

7 minutes ago, Geordinho said:

What happens with Carabao Cup Europa place? Liverpool winners so presumably another place for the league when they go into the CL?

It will go to 6th at present, pushed down to 7th if City or Man U providing they finish top 6 win it. It will drop to 8th if all of this happens and England get a 5th spot in the CL

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: Good God man. 

I feel like it could be injury time on the last day with 6th to play for I'll read "season's over" cos we've conceded a throw.

I'm more raging at this than I was the dummet penna tbh.

2 hours ago, Paully said:

I think 7th will be enough as long as Chelsea don’t get to the FA cup final? Glad they got Man City and not Coventry! 

Chelsea would have to win it for it to affect the league. If they finished 8th but lost to Man Utd in the final who finished 6th, and we finished 7th, we would get Conference football and Chelsea would miss out altogether if they finished outside the top 7 (this is assuming England doesn't get the 5th CL spot).

Just thinking, I would be vexed if we did pip Man U to 6th, but they ended up winning the FA Cup and taking the Europa spot and we ended up in the Conference. I'd certainly take Conference football if offered right now, but it would still be annoying if this scenario happened.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This guy is keeping track.

Good if true - as no chance we're getting 5th so will take revenue away from Villa or Spurs.

14 minutes ago, duo said:

Good if true - as no chance we're getting 5th so will take revenue away from Villa or Spurs.

Not rather have Europa?

Only narrowly behind Germany, then. 

Hmm, I'm torn between what's best for Newcastle and the hilariousness of bad things happening to Villa, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

I know it's down to wins/draws/losses for points but is it weighted by competition? i.e. do wins in the CL count more than in the EL/ECL?

50 minutes ago, Beth said:

I know it's down to wins/draws/losses for points but is it weighted by competition? i.e. do wins in the CL count more than in the EL/ECL?

Not anymore I think the group stage did.

6 hours ago, TRC said:

Basically Villa have to win the conference league to get themselves champions league?

Conference League winner gets into the Europa League don't they? That's what happened with West Ham anyway.

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Conference League winner gets into the Europa League don't they? That's what happened with West Ham anyway.

I think he means they need to win to help the coefficient, which in turn would give them champions league if they weren't to finish 4th this season.

9 hours ago, TRC said:

Not rather have Europa?

Not sure. Squad is decimated I think we could do with a season of calm. I really don't think there will be any significant investment in Summer.

Part of me kind of wants to get into the Conference League over the Europa League. We would have a decent chance of winning it and will be good fun potentially playing some very random teams. It is probably only the fact that the Europa League is another potential route to the Champions League that makes me want that one instead. 

4 hours ago, duo said:

Not sure. Squad is decimated I think we could do with a season of calm. I really don't think there will be any significant investment in Summer.

If we are fully fit next season, or have an average of 3 injuries per game rather than 11, there is a lot of players with not a lot of minutes. Especially in CM.

If Aston Villa win the conference league and get into the europa league but also get into the europa league via their Premier league position, do we get another EL spot?