League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It hasn't been like this for a couple of decades though. There used to regularly be games where you could get tickets with o points or fewer than 10. Almost all the 'lessers' sell out at tens of points now - so young'ins can't get on the ladder, they're stuck in a cycle of not being able to build points regardless of how dedicated. If you're a young kid how can you even officially get a ticket? Even one of the very few 'easy' 15 point games. I started going to games with my dad at the height of the Keegan era when I was 6 years old and got a ticket, I couldn't do that now through official channels.

I don't think anyone's complaining about people passing on tickets 'now and again', it's about people doing it systemtically when they're *not* putting in the effort but getting rewarded with the points.

This is not bitterness - I've well over a 100 points, and I want youngins to be able build them up like how I did.

Theyve put the effort in the past to accrue them points though. Because as I say I couldn't give mine away for nowt 18 months ago

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Theyve put the effort in the past to accrue them points though. Because as I say I couldn't give mine away for nowt 18 months ago

I don't think anyone is suggesting that people who've put the effort in and gained points shouldn't be at an advantage, but the point is it is not possible now for new people - or people who started in the last couple of years - to 'put in the effort' because you can't get on the ladder like you used to. Like I say, I got on the ladder in *the 95/96* season when I was 6 years old, so the idea that's always been like this is not true - it is harder for youngins nows than it was for us.

10 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that people who've put the effort in and gained points shouldn't be at an advantage, but the point is it is not possible now for new people - or people who started in the last couple of years - to 'put in the effort' because you can't get on the ladder like you used to. Like I say, I got on the ladder in *the 95/96* season when I was 6 years old, so the idea that's always been like this is not true - it is harder for youngins nows than it was for us.

The away games this I have been to this season have been full of younguns. In fact I don't see many younguns complaining about not getting them it's older folk in the 20s and 30s

If John Smith with 200 points can't make a game cos he's working why should his nephew need ID to use the ticket or even better buy the latest castore merchandise! Nobody gave a toss 18 months ago

19 minutes ago, jack j said:

People with over 100 loyalty points will have went to most them games cos until the last 18 months I couldn't give my cunt away!!

Then you see posts like people should be requiring ID to pick an away ticket up. All because they fancy going because we are decent again

This argument boils my piss time after time on here

You’re always ridiculously aggressive on this subject for no reason. People are just debating what to do if it becomes a lock out, which is likely. I understand you’re protective and it’s a sensitive subject for you but nobody is saying you should lose your points.

When you say you see plenty of youngns at away games - many of them get tickets via means mentioned be other posters - someone with loads of points buys them a ticket to sell on. How do I know this? My mate runs a popular supporters coach that a few people on here would have been on more than once.

Times are changing - yes you couldn’t give your ticket away, but do we really want to be in a position where away games become a closed shop? Remember going on your first away with all of your mates when you were a teen. If it remains like it is now it’s ‘who you know’ rather than fair.

I use myself as an example. I went to 7 away games last season, probably cost me in total close to £2000 (if not more) when travel/accommodation is factored in. I got 0 in the way of points . I’m fortunate enough to have access to a ticket for most games (including Wembley….if we get there) but the fella(s) I use literally don’t go to any - maybe 1 - away games, but are collecting points every time they get a ticket. The ticket is used at least 19 times a season. You can’t tell me that’s fair?

The days of people saying ‘do the hard miles and you’ll get the rewards’ are well and truly over. As @SteVtouched on, Europe should see demand dither a tad for domestic games but I’ll be very shocked if they start reaching 0pts ever again. Then you have kids who’ll have to wait until they’re getting a birthday card from the monarch before they can go to Bournemouth away. 

I also understand I am a tad bias - I had over 130pts and gave them up. However I knew what I was doing and would do it again. I’ve been to most away grounds I’d want a I go to and it doesn’t really bother me anymore, if truth be told. But my kids should 100% be given the chance we all had in the future. 

Introduction of gaining points by other means (home/cup tickets + renewal) with a points cap would help, as well as a % for a ballot like others have said. 

Those lads and lasses with loads of points should never, ever lose them. But that doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t be given the chance to gain them. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

You’re always ridiculously aggressive on this subject for no reason. People are just debating what to do if it becomes a lock out, which is likely. I understand you’re protective and it’s a sensitive subject for you but nobody is saying you should lose your points.

When you say you see plenty of youngns at away games - many of them get tickets via means mentioned be other posters - someone with loads of points buys them a ticket to sell on. How do I know this? My mate runs a popular supporters coach that a few people on here would have been on more than once.

Times are changing - yes you couldn’t give your ticket away, but do we really want to be in a position where away games become a closed shop? Remember going on your first away with all of your mates when you were a teen. If it remains like it is now it’s ‘who you know’ rather than fair.

I use myself as an example. I went to 7 away games last season, probably cost me in total close to £2000 (if not more) when travel/accommodation is factored in. I got 0 in the way of points . I’m fortunate enough to have access to a ticket for most games (including Wembley….if we get there) but the fella(s) I use literally don’t go to any - maybe 1 - away games, but are collecting points every time they get a ticket. The ticket is used at least 19 times a season. You can’t tell me that’s fair?

The days of people saying ‘do the hard miles and you’ll get the rewards’ are well and truly over. As @SteVtouched on, Europe should see demand dither a tad for domestic games but I’ll be very shocked if they start reaching 0pts ever again. Then you have kids who’ll have to wait until they’re getting a birthday card from the monarch before they can go to Bournemouth away. 

I also understand I am a tad bias - I had over 130pts and gave them up. However I knew what I was doing and would do it again. I’ve been to most away grounds I’d want a I go to and it doesn’t really bother me anymore, if truth be told. But my kids should 100% be given the chance we all had in the future. 

Introduction of gaining points by other means (home/cup tickets + renewal) with a points cap would help, as well as a % for a ballot like others have said. 

Those lads and lasses with loads of points should never, ever lose them. But that doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t be given the chance to gain them. 

I sound over aggressive when I see people suggesting you should get points for buying a new castore top or having to use ID to collect an away ticket

1 minute ago, jack j said:

The away games this I have been to this season have been full of younguns. In fact I don't see many younguns complaining about not getting them it's older folk in the 20s and 30s

If John Smith with 200 points can't make a game cos he's working why should his nephew need ID to use the ticket or even better buy the latest castore merchandise! Nobody gave a toss 18 months ago

I didn't suggest there should be ID. I know young people that have complained about it, don't think there's many teens and younger on this forum. :lol: I've seen young kids there too, but it's not very fair on your average youngster who doesn't know someone with the points or corporate.

If you're not arsed about kids having the same opportunity to go that us older people did, good for you :thup:

6 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

The whole “I see plenty of youngsters at away games” argument is pretty much irrelevant. They’re being used by people to hoard loyalty points and will have no chance of getting a ticket for in demand games as they’ll forever be stuck on 0 points.

Whether people admit it or not the system needs to change. Whether that’s a tweak or a fundamental change is open for debate, but it can’t become a closed shop.

For me, the fairest way would be like England do it. Majority of tickets go on loyalty points but c20% go to a ballot.

Reserve 10-20% of away tickets for general sale to anyone with less than 20 points.  New blood in the away support and gives people the chance to build their purchase history.  Soon as you hit that 21 point mark you're in the big pond with everyone else.

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

Reserve 10-20% of away tickets for general sale to anyone with less than 20 points.  New blood in the away support and gives people the chance to build their purchase history.  Soon as you hit that 21 point mark you're in the big pond with everyone else.

You can’t do that. If games are constantly selling out at ~50+ points, you create a no-mans land of people with 21-49 points that can’t get tickets either way. 

Any form of ballot/reserved tickets would have to be open to all ST holders.

I haven’t been to the ground since Rafa was manager and know I have no chance of getting a ticket at home for a very long time. I won’t even comment on the away ticket process and what’s fair and what’s not regarding points because I don’t really understand it!

I still pay for my membership, but that doesn’t really help these days compared to past years obviously. Under the membership scheme I was able to get tickets for most games pretty easily and took around five or six trips a year from London. It was expensive, but cost I was willing to absorb to see my team even when we were terrible. Ideally I’d love to have access to away games around London where I live, but I get there are people are and will always be ahead of me

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It hasn't been like this for a couple of decades though. There used to regularly be games where you could get tickets with o points or fewer than 10. Almost all the 'lessers' sell out at tens of points now - so young'ins can't get on the ladder, they're stuck in a cycle of not being able to build points regardless of how dedicated. If you're a young kid how can you even officially get a ticket? Even one of the very few 'easy' 15 point games. I started going to games with my dad at the height of the Keegan era when I was 6 years old and got a ticket, I couldn't do that now through official channels.

I don't think anyone's complaining about people passing on tickets 'now and again', it's about people doing it systemtically when they're *not* putting in the effort but getting rewarded with the points.

This is not bitterness - I've well over a 100 points, and I want youngins to be able build them up like how I did.

Perhaps a scheme for u18s?  It’s always a difficult one this

1 hour ago, SteV said:

You can’t do that. If games are constantly selling out at ~50+ points, you create a no-mans land of people with 21-49 points that can’t get tickets either way. 

Any form of ballot/reserved tickets would have to be open to all ST holders.

They can't get tickets anyway if games are constantly selling out at 50 points :lol:

Is there not a scenario where you could reset the loyalty points every 3 years or so. This allows a period where some can get tickets but also allows the opportunity for those with a lot of loyalty points to rebuild.

The likelihood is that those who go regularly to away games will rebuild their points quickly anyway because alot of fans just want to go to the odd away game.

Also, why can't you build up a smaller number of loyalty points from cup games?

There has to be a balance somewhere. To be clear, I clearly get those who have built up points being frustrated by suggestions but at the same time, they shouldn't have guaranteed tickets for away games