Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Am I the only one who liked him from the word go? :lol: Not that I thought his performances were exceptional but I thought he came across well (impassioned Brentford flounce aside) and had some canny games - Man Utd (h) springing immediately to mind. 

I was with ya, always thought he was a decent lad, just a firecracker on the pitch. He showed glimpses of what we’re seeing now at Everton. Gordon and Richarlison were the only players worth watching when Rafa was there.

DCL was good too, but the streak of injuries he’s had is so unlucky, but it could also be the shite physios at Everton. Clear as day Gordon’s fitness has improved immensely here. 

8 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I think it'd have been criminal to disallow that goal because it deflecting off his arm. The rule is absolutely correct in this case and it should be used in that way more broadly. I think it's ridiculous that such decisive instances as goals and penalties can be disallowed/given because a ball deflect off an arm. Not at all within the spirit of the rules imo to disallow that for a ricochet, which is to prevent rugby cunts from actively using there hands/arm.

Thats getting ruled as handball at Sunday local football like. I don’t think that one is against the spirit of the sport. But not complaining. By the rules it’s a goal. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thats getting ruled as handball at Sunday local football like. I don’t think that one is against the spirit of the sport. But not complaining. By the rules it’s a goal. 

Not the Sunday local football I played :lol:, that challenge on longstaff would have got a ripple of applause from both benches and a 'well in' from the ref 

Edited by 1964

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Not the Sunday local football I played :lol:, that challenge on longstaff would have got a ripple of applause from both benches and a 'well in' from the ref 

That tackle wasn’t half as bad as was made out.  He came in with extra force but it wasn’t high or strong.  

The one your lot did on Longstaff was much worse. Shin high direct contact. Should’ve been a penalty and a red.  

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That tackle wasn’t half as bad as was made out.  He came in with extra force but it wasn’t high or strong.  

The one your lot did on Longstaff was much worse. Shin high direct contact. Should’ve been a penalty and a red.  

My lot??

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The follow through was high and reckless.

I think Longstaff’s momentum is as much to do with the follow through. If not more so. Longstaff was travelling faster than the SU player was. 
Thought it was a good tackle personally. Got the ball. Studs not up, etc.

20 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I think Longstaff’s momentum is as much to do with the follow through. If not more so. Longstaff was travelling faster than the SU player was. 

It's exactly the type of tackle they are, rightly in my opinion, trying to outlaw.  Even if you get the ball first, going in with that much force could easily seriously injure a player.  If longstaff had his weight on the standing leg it breaks, so getting the ball first cannot be the only consideration.  It's often the trailing leg that causes the damage

Edited by 1964

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Am I the only one who liked him from the word go? :lol: Not that I thought his performances were exceptional but I thought he came across well (impassioned Brentford flounce aside) and had some canny games - Man Utd (h) springing immediately to mind. 

I thought it was a great signing, I just meant that the way he was perceived was generally the reason people didn't like him coming in. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

There was a good complilation of his cameos posted on here when he was apparently 'shite'. He looked good back then, he was just clearly unfit and not up to speed with our gameplan.

The Brentford (?) game where he was tactically subbed at half time remains one of the most absurd mass critisisms of a player I've seen. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Getting the ball has nowt to do with it being a foul or not.  It never has. 

I don't think this reframing that everyone hated him for being a diving rat faced knacker is 100% on point. He had displayed some weakness with positional awareness and discipline as well as shooing technique, aside his histrionics. Now two of those Eddie is turning around, and he seems to be less of a whingy cunt for us too, but he was very much a rough diamond when we splashed on him. He's class now though, long may it continue.

As an aside, Everton youth products are usually dump after leaving Merseyside; Cadamarteri, Jeffers, Vaughan, Baxter, Rodwell...et al. Always wary of their academy.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

1 hour ago, GEFAFWISP said:

I don't think this reframing that everyone hated him for being a diving rat faced knacker is 100% on point. He had displayed some weakness with positional awareness and discipline as well as shooing technique, aside his histrionics. Now two of those Eddie is turning around, and he seems to be less of a whingy cunt for us too, but he was very much a rough diamond when we splashed on him. He's class now though, long may it continue.

As an aside, Everton youth products are usually dump after leaving Merseyside; Cadamarteri, Jeffers, Vaughan, Baxter, Rodwell...et al. Always wary of their academy.

I guess Rooney is the exception, but to  be fair I reckon he would have thrived in any academy. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Getting the ball has nowt to do with it being a foul or not.  It never has. 

I think if Longstaff is stationary instead of running at him there probably is barely any contact. Negligible at the most. 
Anyway, foul and card given and we scored from it. 
We’d have won anyway.

On 30/04/2023 at 09:52, Froggy said:

Guy is useless. He has just turned 22. If you're not the finished article by 22 it's over for you. Everybody knows this. 

He's had 340 entire minutes as well with his new team. Time to cut losses. 

:lol: this is prime time @Froggy :lol: