Anthony Gordon

Jack27

42 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry, you’re right.  Gordon is a cunt and should be kicked out of the club unless he makes a grovelling apology :) 

In all seriousness, I never felt KK handled either particularly well.  The point I was making was more that these incidents are not the result of modern players being spoilt, but have always occurred, and it is up to the manager how they handle it.  People are making massive leaps about Gordon’s character, but they didn’t with Beresford or Clark.  

Probably the difference in track records tbf, but I remember the Clark thing hanging around him for a while, albeit I was 10 :lol:

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably the difference in track records tbf, but I remember the Clark thing hanging around him for a while, albeit I was 10 :lol:

It didn't last too long from memory - both Cole and Clark (who were mates) were linked with moves away in the week after that Southampton game - both missed a cup tie vs Wimbledon midweek - but they both returned the week after vs Wimbledon (with Clark setting Cole up) in the league

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It didn't last too long from memory - both Cole and Clark (who were mates) were linked with moves away in the week after that Southampton game - both missed a cup tie vs Wimbledon midweek - but they both returned the week after vs Wimbledon (with Clark setting Cole up) in the league

Clark and Cole has always struck me as a funny friendship like. Their personalities seem canny different 

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Clark and Cole has always struck me as a funny friendship like. Their personalities seem canny different 

In the same interviews Andy Cole is tremendously complimentary of ‘Clarky’ who convinced him to join Newcastle in the first place. 

Even though Cole went back into the team after the spat he thought that was the reason he was sold. Cole also left Blackburn after a little spat with Souness. 

I think the very best managers get players back on side after little spats and learn how to treat players individually. I’ve heard how SAF never gave Nani the hair dryer treatment. 

37 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Shit the fucking bed. 

Or shit yourself because you don’t like that a player was subbed off after being subbed on and got frustrated. It’s not that deep, he wants to play.

Edited by Nine

23 minutes ago, Nine said:

Or shit yourself because you don’t like that a player was subbed off after being subbed on and got frustrated. It’s not that deep, he wants to play.

I seem to have posted the reply to the wrong post. It was supposed to be to the Andy Cole rap abomination. Check my other posts on the topic. 

22 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Is there so little else to discuss that we are still talking about this. Let's move on....who would be our perfect draw for the group stages of UCL? :shifty:O0

Have discussed this with those I go to games with in the pub funnily enough. :lol:

CL groups because of the seeding tend to be 1 very good team, 2 decent teams and 1 whipping boy, ie Bayern, Newcastle, Marseille and Viktoria Plzen. We'd probably be aiming to finish 2nd in that. Maybe get 1 point from Bayern at home, 4 points from Marseille and 6 points from Plzen. If only it was that simple. :lol:

But ideally you want 3 sides you've got a good chance of beating to get to the knockouts. SJP is going to be mental from matchday 1 of the group stages and even more mental for a 2 legged knockout CL tie. Teams won't relish drawing us imo.

28 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Is there so little else to discuss that we are still talking about this. Let's move on....who would be our perfect draw for the group stages of UCL? :shifty:O0

Two class teams and one shite team so we can default to the far more interesting and winnable Europa League. 

We will be in Pot 4 and be one of the so called group games that is usually classed as the easy touch and the one everyone else looks to beat. We have no points in Europe so will be ranked at the bottom, but everyone will wanting to avoid us that’s for sure 

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Have discussed this with those I go to games with in the pub funnily enough. :lol:

CL groups because of the seeding tend to be 1 very good team, 2 decent teams and 1 whipping boy, ie Bayern, Newcastle, Marseille and Viktoria Plzen. We'd probably be aiming to finish 2nd in that. Maybe get 1 point from Bayern at home, 4 points from Marseille and 6 points from Plzen. If only it was that simple. :lol:

But ideally you want 3 sides you've got a good chance of beating to get to the knockouts. SJP is going to be mental from matchday 1 of the group stages and even more mental for a 2 legged knockout CL tie. Teams won't relish drawing us imo.

In that scenario could we not be classed as the "whipping boy" as surely our UEFA ranking compared to alot of other teams in the UCL will be quite low. So there could be a worst case scenario whereby we have a group of death situation consisting of Real Madrid, Marseille, Dortmund and ourselves? 

48 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

In that scenario could we not be classed as the "whipping boy" as surely our UEFA ranking compared to alot of other teams in the UCL will be quite low. So there could be a worst case scenario whereby we have a group of death situation consisting of Real Madrid, Marseille, Dortmund and ourselves? 

Completely forgot about that coefficient lark. Burnley and Wolves are higher than us. :lol: Fuck sake.

Football journos pushing this now in an attempt to unsettle us.  Nothing else.

fwiw, I thought it was daft pulling Gordon off as opposed to Joelinton or another player from up top that had been on for the full 90 but he had just gave away two Colback-esque silly free kicks on the left hand side near the halfway line.

Last few posts are making me trip out. How the fuck are we able to discuss potential draws in the CL, and it actually be a very realistic possiblity, in fact odds on?

Man I really really hope it becomes reality and we can discuss it on the day of the draw!

So fucking close.