Anthony Gordon: named NUFC Player of the Season (Official)

Jack27

4 hours ago, Dokko said:

After the game Howe said: "From my side, there was 30 seconds left and he was down holding his ankle so I put an experienced player on the pitch. It is no reflection on his time on the pitch (to take him off)."

Howe said: “I’ve got no problem. Anthony is passionate boy. He wants to do well, but there was seconds left on the clock and we wanted to get Matty on because Anthony was holding his ankle.

"He just needs to control his emotions in that moment, but there are no problems."

Thank God we have such a rational and sensible man in charge. He's just so good.

Fairly sure it will be the same 11 as yesterday. But I’d start him against Villa. 

Just to have actual wingers playing wide, for a start. Joelinton is ineffective on the left, but a boss in centre mid. Plus Gordon’s pace and pressing ability are both important factors. We would have a directness and high press from both flanks. 

Wasn’t he one of, or the most effective presser in Europe last season? It was some mad stat like that, anyway. 

One little thing yesterday, I forget the exact details, but I think it was Trippier who was dispossessed on the right of their box. Gordon absolutely flew across the pitch and counter tackled within about 3 seconds and took the ball back for us. Really enjoyed that moment. He is seriously rapid when he wants to be.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

One little thing yesterday, I forget the exact details, but I think it was Trippier who was dispossessed on the right of their box. Gordon absolutely flew across the pitch and counter tackled within about 3 seconds and took the ball back for us. Really enjoyed that moment. He is seriously rapid when he wants to be.

Was Gordon who lost the ball in the first place if its the one I'm thinking of

6 hours ago, James said:

Subs getting subbed is going to happen more and more with 5 substitutes as managers may need to switch from a defensive to an offensive strategy and then back again

Agreed. Off topic but I don't like all these substitutes being allowed. Changes the nature of the game, and not in a good way for me. To me, part of the sport is seeing how players and teams deal mentally and physically with stamina and tactical ebb and flows. Plus it benefits the rich clubs hugely.

12 minutes ago, 80 said:

Agreed. Off topic but I don't like all these substitutes being allowed. Changes the nature of the game, and not in a good way for me. To me, part of the sport is seeing how players and teams deal mentally and physically with stamina and tactical ebb and flows. Plus it benefits the rich clubs hugely.

I’m under the impression it was voted through by a majority of prem chairmen. That surprised me, as it really seems like top teams have an advantage with it. 

8 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I’m under the impression it was voted through by a majority of prem chairmen. That surprised me, as it really seems like top teams have an advantage with it. 

Would be interested to hear the justifications.

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Good lad.

That is some shitty attitude. Brushes Ritchie off, then Howe. Needs knocking out of the kid pronto. Luckily Fabian and Lascelles to name but 2 would have no problems obliging :lol:

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mad how anyone can watch that and deduce that it’s acceptable behaviour in the circumstances.

Kid had a great game for the time he had on the pitch,He loves to play and after the shit he got at everton i can tell he wants to successful.I get it it'll come in time 

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mad how anyone can watch that and deduce that it’s acceptable behaviour in the circumstances.

He’s 21 and I bet Eddie would rather see him pissed than passive. Did he go a bit too far, sure, but he’s a competitor and clearly expects better of himself. He’ll grow out of it in time and the right leaders are in place to ensure it.

Don’t mind seeing it once, he’s young, clearly an emotional lad with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Doesn’t make it acceptable, however, if it was to happen again I’d be worried. Our team

spirit and character is everything. Eddie will have such a low tolerance for someone not making decisions for the best of the team. I’m sure we won’t see it again and hopefully he’s got the right people in his ear. There are tons of model pros in the squad so if he doesn’t wise up he’d only have himself to blame