Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Joelinton comparisons feel spot on to me. 

Gordon has shown he's quite versatile and adaptable. Now it's about that skillset being applied to a particular role. Lee Carsley - England U21s manager - seems to have figured out what that role is. I think after watching him for six months, his upsides are that he can press quite relentlessly, carries it well, and can take up good positions. He's not blessed with a variety of tricks, but he's direct and that fits our system quite well. He'll be challenged when we come up against deep blocks, but even saying that he always looks keen to play quick combinations. 

Was reading an interview a couple of days ago where Gordon was saying gibbs white is so easy to play with as he just finds him way to read and knows what he’s going to do.  Maybe that’s why he’s having this success here.

5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Gordon doing his knackered walk about.

It's my presiding memory of his time with us tbh, he doesn't seem to have much movement when we're in possession. Hoping it's just fitness related.

11 minutes ago, gallowgate said:

I think its fair to say AG had a very good game, and left everything on the pitch.

Hard to argue on paper, scored the only goal and got to a semi final.

Player of the match.

Edited by Mountain

Just now, Away Toon said:

Isn't Mouth of the Tyne stuff banned on here?

Unfortunately it's the only place I could find that image, moreover for some reason i got some error re attachment size (i tried to just download and upload the pic here)

So in the end i just posted the tweet