Anthony Gordon

Jack27

7 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I was reading the last few pages and was going to say the same thing, although not directed at Kaka specifically.

It’s a tedious read.

I understand man, but let us have our fun.

When he was signed it was far more tedious all the carrying on, and they would not relent, when some of us told them to give it time as he had the talent Howe usually got the best of.

Now it's looking incredibly cringe worthy, as he's already one of our best players.

You've got to laugh really.

That's another sending off he has caused due to his pace and pressing if you count the one that should have been against Liverpool.

5 goals

3 assists 

2 penalties won

2 reds * 

6 yellows.

He is raking up the stats in all the categories. Seriously though, if he keeps this up, even Southgate can't ignore him, as he is a brilliant option off the bench defending or chasing a game. 

When he went down in a heap in the 1st half I was bricking it. Thankfully he was ok and put in a hell of a performance. Could well end up being a legend at the club if he is here for 5 years or more and performs like he did yesterday. 

He reminds me a bit of Chris Waddle. (And for the real oldies, Forest's John Robertson). In certain situations, defenders know what he's going to do, but there's nothing they can do about it.

Gordon is more athletic, and less technical, but the end product is the same.

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

He reminds me a bit of Chris Waddle. (And for the real oldies, Forest's John Robertson). In certain situations, defenders know what he's going to do, but there's nothing they can do about it.

Gordon is more athletic, and less technical, but the end product is the same.

Yeah the way both The Waddler and john Robertson sort of just drifted by defenders - Gordon has that but he has pace aswell. 

When Gordon gets the ball I expect something to happen - like I expected waddle to do something when he got the ball back in the day.

That cross yesterday was fantastic, if he can add quality crossing to his game consistently then he’s pretty much a complete player. He doesn’t need elite dribbling on the wing as he beats his man so easily for pace 

50 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

He’s an absolute player this guy. Could be in our top 3 PL eta wingers if he keeps this up over a sustained period.

Easily, if he stays fit and either maintains his current form or even somehow improves 

He impressed me at Everton, so I wasn’t one of the doubters, but he’s starting to exceed my expectations. He’s using his brain more and making better decisions. The scouse scally is really maturing.

Edited by Cronky

20 hours ago, Jonas said:

He's just about the main-man for me. On his worst day he'll keep plugging away, wont hide and will make things happen and create a team momentum.

Rather than those that didn't give him a chance its those Everton fans I was thinking of, saying they'd robbed us of £40million.

Its been another absolute steal by our recruitment folks.

Didn’t Chelsea bid £60m in the summer before that too?  I think it was around that figure.  £40m really does look like incredible value at the moment, given his age, nationality, performances and potential. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, his twattishness seems to have taken a back seat.  I realise that he’s one of ours so this could be a blind spot, but I don’t see us having to argue that ‘he might be a wanker, but he’s OUR wanker’.  Haven’t seen much of that this season. 

Nope, none of that evident. I see why the team was so heavily invested in getting that one across the line. I was in favour but didn't see it as a transformational signing. He's a real cog in the machine though, and young.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Nope, none of that evident. I see why the team was so heavily invested in getting that one across the line. I was in favour but didn't see it as a transformational signing. He's a real cog in the machine though, and young.

That’s two of us then :) - he seems like a completely different character this season.  Maturity kicked in. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, his twattishness seems to have taken a back seat.  I realise that he’s one of ours so this could be a blind spot, but I don’t see us having to argue that ‘he might be a wanker, but he’s OUR wanker’.  Haven’t seen much of that this season. 

Crazy how that was entirely down to being in that Everton side.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That’s two of us then :) - he seems like a completely different character this season.  Maturity kicked in. 

Also that England tournament, fitness levels and Howe magic doing its job. Such a brilliant footballer and will get better :indi: