Anthony Gordon

Jack27

49 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The debate to be had here is not whether or not any deal happens, it’s whether we are actually looking to sell. If it is conclusively revealed that we are, and to a supposed rival in the same league, then they have no idea of how badly that will be received. The optics of this are just horrendous, regardless of how much truth there is in it.

Totally agree - supporters have been nothing but positive so far, but if this happens then expect significant backlash. Competence of those running the club will rightly be questioned.

The only positive coming from this thread is, the next incoming player we're linked to, should definitely be signing as that's how it seemingly works now.

Edited by TBG

If this does happen, I can't wait to see all the wise people pointing out it wouldn't have happened if Gordon hadn't wanted the move, and he's a greedy cunt. 

Even though some of those same people will be upset with Miggy for not bailing us out by going to Saudi.

The club, of course, is blameless either way.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Didn't see this post coming…

I'm not one to believe in the football gods and that ... but do you think this could be some sort of karma?

Surely it's the only thing that makes sense?! 

;)

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm not one to believe in the football gods and that ... but do you think this could be some sort of karma?

;)

All I see is blah blah blah. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

;)

You seem to be getting a lot of enjoyment out of this. It seems very odd. I know you enjoy throwing things back at people but why?

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Fuck off with all of this man. Not today. Not ever. 

I think there's a good chance we've decided to take the points deduction hit.

All this big show of trying to sell players seems very suspect.

Might be used to mitigate how much of a punishment they plan to dish out, or to buy more time.

But let's see. Something seems fishy around all this!

Just now, gbandit said:

You seem to be getting a lot of enjoyment out of this. It seems very odd. I know you enjoy throwing things back at people but why?

Just now, Menace said:

Weird time to gloat KaKa if you couldn't tell..

Lighten up guys. Just having a giggle.

I'm not convinced about any of this the more all this stuff keeps coming out, and directly from our end.

Think the club are up to something.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Lighten up guys. Just having a giggle.

I'm not convinced about any of this the more all this stuff keeps coming out, and directly from our end.

Think the club are up to something.

I see no benefit to leak a story of us trying to sell our player of the season tbh but I hope to be proven wrong.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I see no benefit to leak a story of us trying to sell our player of the season tbh but I hope to be proven wrong.

I think we could claim that we made every effort to move players on, but can't just sell players way below their value, as it is damaging to the club.

Would just be useful when appealing any dumb point deduction, which I think we may increasingly be more likely to take and then challenge at this point.