Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because we are absolutely desperate for the money would be the obvious answer ?

And we didn't recieve any offers for our better players until now? Or did we just reject those and leave it til last minute, so that we have to accept subpar offers now instead, or get fucked?

Edited by Erikse

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Fascinating we're leaking this and the Isak rumours though. 

Clearly part of a strategy, but no idea if it's to cushion the blow of losing "lesser" players or it's bigger picture stuff.

Narrator: "It was to cushion the blow"

Call me paranoid, but as soon as Gordon started being picked out by the media spotlight with lots of airtime and positive strokes, I thought how long will it be before they start having a pop and negative/unsettling stories appear?

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is absolutely no truth in the being offered to Liverpool/touted around stories. I hate the culture of our press. Snivelling self-aggrandising jealous fucks reign in that fiefdom. 

The BBC have put an article out about it who due to being publicly owned, they need to have verification before they can put something out as fact.

They even say at the bottom of the article that they have reached out to us for comment, so this information would likely have come from someone at Liverpool speaking on the record.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c720wjxzz9ro

Are we actually about to sell last season's best player?

Even if a top rated goally comes the other way it would be ridiculous.

Most sites quotung that we offered him to them... FFS!!:uglystupid2:

Edited by buzza

I suspect the most that's happened, if anything, were conversations along the lines of "if we were to sell Gordon to you..."

That then gets translated into we put a deal on the table that was rejected for headlines. 

On 26/06/2024 at 13:04, OoOGazOoO said:

I loved his interview, didn't trot out the rubbish Kane and Stones did with their diplomatic answers and responses.

Pretty sure anyone with more than 4 braincells can read between the lines there off the back of his comments.

Anyway Anthony, wrongly, I imagine you will be taking a seat on the bench again alongside Cole, Conor and Trent, and it'll be Mainoo in for Conor.

Knew it! [emoji38]