Anthony Gordon

Jack27

It honestly seems like he’s sulking, really hope it’s just a fitness issue and he thinks about saving energy in some spots but this isn’t the same Gordon from last season. Never seems to smile anymore either.

He was awful, particularly in the second half, hopefully some sort of fitness issue or slight injury rather than head turned and sulking, pretty much nothing he tried came off and he wasn't as quick getting back as you'd expect from him.

Hopefully he sorts out whatever it is that's not right, even if it's just a patch of bad form.

46 minutes ago, Pata said:

It honestly seems like he’s sulking, really hope it’s just a fitness issue and he thinks about saving energy in some spots but this isn’t the same Gordon from last season. Never seems to smile anymore either.

So many unusual/unforced errors. Wonder if his confidence has taken a knock over the summer with England? Must have felt a million dollars when he joined after being player of tournament in U21 Euros. Perhaps the opposite has occurred. Hopefully temporarily.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

So many unusual/unforced errors. Winder if his confidence has taken a knock over the summer with England? Must have felt a million dollars when he joined after being on later of tournament in U21 Euros. Perhaps the opposite has occurred. Hopefully temporarily.

Not only that but he's not tracking back either and seems flatout lazy at times.

Just now, cubaricho said:

What's up with this dude?

Looked immediately better on the left. Is he sulking that he has to play on the right?

I genuinely think he's lacking sharpness and/or desire/confidence.

I just think he doesn’t look fit? His usual zip is missing and I don’t think it is just him not trying. There are times he looks a bit lazy and like he’s loafing. But again, I put a lot of that down to his fitness. 

Maybe no break, away with England where he got no minutes and probably low intensity training. Followed by virtually no pre-season with us. Has properly fucked him? 

I was hoping the international break would help. But he’s in the England squad FFS :lol: 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not sure this guy got enough of a break to refresh.

Looks burnt out.

Exactly this I think, seen a few ‘heads been turned’ posts.. on the surface he doesn’t seem that type of character at all. A very ambitious lad who won’t be the sort to put in half hearted performances at any time, he probably needs a real rest but our wide options won’t allow it. The energy we got used to just isn’t there right now.

Edited by Nine

Just now, cubaricho said:

What's up with this dude?

Looked immediately better on the left. Is he sulking that he has to play on the right?

I'm putting that on Howe.

Should have just put Barnes on the right as he looked better than Gordon there last game, and he's the one that is wanting to play and so should be fine to make the sacrifice of playing there.

Poor decision.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I just think he doesn’t look fit? His usual zip is missing and I don’t think it is just him not trying. There are times he looks a bit lazy and like he’s loafing. But again, I put a lot of that down to his fitness. 

Maybe no break, away with England where he got no minutes and probably low intensity training. Followed by virtually no pre-season with us. Has properly fucked him? 

I was hoping the international break would help. But he’s in the England squad FFS :lol: 

Quite a few aimless/target-less passes he made today that are puzzling, and suggests to me its not all down to fitness but might have something to do with morale.

Is it hangover from being Southgated? Our shopping him? Not really sure. Really hope he hasn't gotten a nod behind the scenes that he'll be shipped out in one of the coming windows in light of the PSR stuff.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm putting that on Howe.

Should have just put Barnes on the right as he looked better than Gordon there last game, and he's the one that is wanting to play and so should be fine to make the sacrifice of playing there.

Poor decision.

Gordon has also been unferperforming, so maybe it's a healthy reminder that he's not irreplaceable.