[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

19 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

How many non-season ticket holders got tickets for the finals in the 90s?

None officially.  I was a ST holder for both finals and I didn’t get a sniff for either.  Went to all three semis and the charity shield.

18 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

A mate of mine is a Brighton ST Holder and I'm led to believe they've really cracked down on the issue of unauthorised reselling of tickets by undertaking genuine (rather than token) ID checks and any guys seen to have sold their tickets on lose loyalty points and he reckons they get a 10 game ban from attending the Amex Stadium.

Not sure how accurate that is, I've never bothered to check, but if Brighton are doing that or something along those lines, it's a fair bet we'll be thinking of implementing something similar.

Has to be done really. You can’t have people keeping season tickets for convenience or getting loyalty points off other people’s money. 

8 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

How many non-season ticket holders got tickets for the finals in the 90s?

The ones that bought the cup ticket packages along with their STs got priority or the ones without STs who paid for the clubs travel packages. There were ST holders that didn’t get Final tickets. Back in the 90’s our ground only held 36k which you then took 2k away for away fans. We never got 34K final tickets as old Wembley capacity was 80k. 

So the point I’m making still stands. Cup purchase history has always been important to the club. As has means to go to a final without a ST. 

The margins of allocations and the haves and have nots were smaller then hence very little to none complaining. Life/Football has changed however. You didn’t get groups of families going with kids etc in groups of 4/6/8. I’ve read on here from various people I couldn’t go without the kids/other half etc etc. As if that’s was the attitude of the 90’s ? Half the reason you went to the match was to get away from them for a few hours ?

So fast forward next final (hopefully in my lifetime) and all ST holders have bought ALL possible home cup round tickets. The club will still have to prioritise anyone attending away cup ties so that will go back to those who have loyalty points. So that leaves people unhappy.

Then if the ground is expanded do they bother to increase ST holder amounts knowing it gives them a bigger headache? Or does there concern lie with the other part of the fan base buying tickets via membership and general sale and how do they not lock them out in the future and keep them engaged for attending cup games etc?

Taking a step back the way they have split the tickets they have had all these factors in mind. 

25 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

A mate of mine is a Brighton ST Holder and I'm led to believe they've really cracked down on the issue of unauthorised reselling of tickets by undertaking genuine (rather than token) ID checks and any guys seen to have sold their tickets on lose loyalty points and he reckons they get a 10 game ban from attending the Amex Stadium.

Not sure how accurate that is, I've never bothered to check, but if Brighton are doing that or something along those lines, it's a fair bet we'll be thinking of implementing something similar.

Interesting. 

I was having this discussion the other day. Footylimbs and goal celebrations seem to have improved (perhaps due to faking the celebration courtesy of social media and throwing pints etc?). However, with that it does seem that attendances across the whole pyramid are up home and away. 

You’d never have thought a club like Brighton would be a PL club with 25-30,000 at each home game and having a decent-ish away following. Clearly they do if there is reselling going on.

Football really does seem to be absolutely massive these days doesn’t it?

The away games points will calm down next season I reckon and certainly over the next few years, it's all just new at the minute that we are actually doing well so everyone wants to be part of it, plus if we get into Europe people are likely to prioritise a European away game over a league away game.

Edited by Geogaddi

i thinks its time the clubs pushed the FA on cup final ticket allocations.

does the carabao cup really need 30k tickets to neutral, corporate etc.

especially as most neutrals i know with club wmbley tickets have sold them on to manu or nufc fans.

also isnt the fa cup final allocation only about 20k tickets per team?

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i thinks its time the clubs pushed the FA on cup final ticket allocations.

does the carabao cup really need 30k tickets to neutral, corporate etc.

especially as most neutrals i know with club wmbley tickets have sold them on to manu or nufc fans.

also isnt the fa cup final allocation only about 20k tickets per team?

It was 30,500 last year. Increased by 2/3k from previous years.

3 hours ago, Hovagod said:

I don't understand the constant use of this line. Of course somebody will lose out. The point is that, in this case, a section of those that have lost out have done so unnecessarily and unfairly. It's not 'whatever happens', it's 'whatever did happen in this specific case'.

Again, why is it unfair? Any season ticket holder who wanted to go had the change to guarantee themselves a ticket. 

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Genuinely baffles me how many blokes in their 30s and 40s (who have wives and children) go every week. I’m amazed they’re still married :lol:

That’s what I loved about the away days as a younger bloke. 16-21 year old, saving up your money, buying a ticket with all your mates and going on a dreadful bus full of bigger and harder radgies than you. Sadly, that experience will occur less and less as the club becomes a closed shop - IF this isn’t dealt with properly. 

Been humming and harring a lot since going to the NUST AGM, but I’m really starting to think I might stand at the next AGM. Ticketing is the number 1 issue for its supporters - and the outcry from yesterday looks like the majority aren’t happy. It’s only going to get worse. It needs addressed properly now and I’m not sure I have the utmost faith in it being addressed efficiently and transparently after reading the AGM minutes. 

Would definitely get my vote :thup:

11 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Again, why is it unfair? Any season ticket holder who wanted to go had the change to guarantee themselves a ticket. 

It's unfair because a member who attended one league cup game could have got a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who went to two. It's happened, I won't make the same mistake again when buying tickets during a cup run and I hope everybody has a cracking day, but it is objectively unfair.

I'll shut up up about it now

Edited by Hovagod

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

so not E-tickets then?

I think it's club wembley tickets that are E-tickets. I paid a postage fee when I ordered my ticket last Monday so knew it was coming in the post, I assume most, if not all others did?

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Hovagod said:

It's unfair because a member who attended one league cup game could have got a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder who went to two. It's happened, I won't make the same mistake again when buying tickets during a cup run and I hope everybody has a cracking day, but it is objectively unfair.

And if the season ticket holder had gone to three games they would have got a ticket no questions asked. There's a history of cup attendances being taken into account for cup final allocations. Given how insane everyone knew the demand would be I genuinely don't think there's cause for complaint if you didn't go to 3 of Bournemouth, Palace, Leicester and Southampton. 

Just now, huss9 said:

yes but the rules were set after we'd reached the final. so thats not neccessarily accurate.

See my post above on this. If you couldn't make 3 league cup games why complain if you don't get to go to the final?

Edited by jonny1403

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

Tickets just came through the door ?

Saw someone on twitter got theirs, the ticket has a time slot which is couple hours before kick off, wonder if the time slots will vary

Will have to actually properly plan a tube journey now instead of winging it ?‍♂️