[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

And if the season ticket holder had gone to three games they would have got a ticket no questions asked. There's a history of cup attendances being taken into account for cup final allocations. Given how insane everyone knew the demand would be I genuinely don't think there's cause for complaint if you didn't go to 3 of Bournemouth, Palace, Leicester and Southampton. 

So, a member that went to those games get the ticket that the season ticket holder does? Okay, I don't agree with it, but it's workable.

The scenario is described is unfair though. 

Just now, Hovagod said:

So, a member that went to those games get the ticket that the season ticket holder does? Okay, I don't agree with it, but it's workable.

The scenario is described is unfair though. 

I agree it's unfair. But the member went to the less attractive games and supported the club in that competition when the ST holder chose not to go. You can see the logic.

I'm just saying all ST's holders had the chance to avoid this by going to the cup games.

41 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The ones that bought the cup ticket packages along with their STs got priority or the ones without STs who paid for the clubs travel packages. There were ST holders that didn’t get Final tickets. Back in the 90’s our ground only held 36k which you then took 2k away for away fans. We never got 34K final tickets as old Wembley capacity was 80k. 

So the point I’m making still stands. Cup purchase history has always been important to the club. As has means to go to a final without a ST. 

The margins of allocations and the haves and have nots were smaller then hence very little to none complaining. Life/Football has changed however. You didn’t get groups of families going with kids etc in groups of 4/6/8. I’ve read on here from various people I couldn’t go without the kids/other half etc etc. As if that’s was the attitude of the 90’s 🙂 Half the reason you went to the match was to get away from them for a few hours 🙂

So fast forward next final (hopefully in my lifetime) and all ST holders have bought ALL possible home cup round tickets. The club will still have to prioritise anyone attending away cup ties so that will go back to those who have loyalty points. So that leaves people unhappy.

Then if the ground is expanded do they bother to increase ST holder amounts knowing it gives them a bigger headache? Or does there concern lie with the other part of the fan base buying tickets via membership and general sale and how do they not lock them out in the future and keep them engaged for attending cup games etc?

Taking a step back the way they have split the tickets they have had all these factors in mind. 

Is that right?  I don't recall attendance in a particular tournament ever being a determining factor for cup final tickets.  I'm not saying that shouldn't be the case, but I don't remember this being the case before.  Nor was it publicised.

My biggest issue is that club never made the criteria clear - doing so would have saved a lot of annoyance.

3 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Is that right?  I don't recall attendance in a particular tournament ever being a determining factor for cup final tickets.  I'm not saying that shouldn't be the case, but I don't remember this being the case before.  Nor was it publicised.

My biggest issue is that club never made the criteria clear - doing so would have saved a lot of annoyance.

5 minutes ago, Geordie Magpie said:

Saw someone on twitter got theirs, the ticket has a time slot which is couple hours before kick off, wonder if the time slots will vary

Will have to actually properly plan a tube journey now instead of winging it 🤦‍♂️

Mine says between 14.30 and 15.00. Nee chance I'll be there by then. They just want you in buying 10 quid pints of piss

4 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

It would be very odd for the club to release a statement at the start of the season saying I know we are in a second round game v Tranmere, but if we get to a cup final in 6 months time this will be the ticket allocation process [emoji38]

Liverpool Chelsea and several other clubs have done it this way over the last few years.

6 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I agree it's unfair. But the member went to the less attractive games and supported the club in that competition when the ST holder chose not to go. You can see the logic.

But the period seven ballot winner didn't!

Let's just leave this, mate. I don't blame anybody for trying to get a ticket whatever their circumstances, and I'm happy for those that did. As I say, I have learnt my lesson about buying cup tickets in the future.

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

But the period seven ballot winner didn't!

Let's just leave this, mate. I don't blame anybody for trying to get a ticket whatever their circumstances, and I'm happy for those that did. As I say, I have learnt my lesson about buying cup tickets in the future.

Yeah I agree, just re-iterating the point that while it's unfair, the ST holder didn't need to be put in that situation because they could have made sure they were in pot 3 and therefore not even in the ballot.

But it was always going to be a shitter, sorry you couldn't get tickets (nor could I), will be proud to see the stadium and surrounding areas full of black and white regardless.

Edited by jonny1403

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

It would be very odd for the club to release a statement at the start of the season saying I know we are in a second round game v Tranmere, but if we get to a cup final in 6 months time this will be the ticket allocation process [emoji38]

Liverpool Chelsea and several other clubs have done it this way over the last few years.

I don't think it would be strange to inform season ticket holders how tickets will be allocated before a season starts.  Could literally include a line in an email - not a particularly onerous undertaking.

Not everyone is going to reviewing the ticketing allocations of other clubs and extrapolating NUFC's policy.

Just now, huss9 said:

hope people dont start buying cup tickets just in the hope we get to a final.

at least pass them on to someone who can attend otherwise gonna have empty seats.

That's the potential big problem. The atmosphere wasn't great at all the cup games I went to tbh, this could make it even worse.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

at least pass them on to someone who can attend otherwise gonna have empty seats.

Unfortunately that's exactly what will happen.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Will 100% happen next season now.

However, suspect it will ease off when people get sick of shelling out a few 20 quids a season when we don’t make another final for 2/3 years

My parents tickets have arrived (I ordered theirs together for them and my mate ordered mine elsewhere in the same block so presumably mine will go to his place). Few points of interest, firstly there's nothing on the ticket at all indicating it's a concessionary senior ticket. In fact it says 100.00 on it, even though it cost them 50 quid cos they're over 65. Don't know what that means if you buy a ticket off someone in good faith and get to the gates to find out you should technically be a pensioner.  They also have an "Entry time slot" of 14:30-15:00, which I guess means they need to get there at least 90 minutes before kick off? Not sure what happens if you don't make it by then!  I'm in the same block but about 20 rows back so I'll see if I have the same entry time when I can get a hold of mine. 

11 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

My parents tickets have arrived (I ordered theirs together for them and my mate ordered mine elsewhere in the same block so presumably mine will go to his place). Few points of interest, firstly there's nothing on the ticket at all indicating it's a concessionary senior ticket. In fact it says 100.00 on it, even though it cost them 50 quid cos they're over 65. Don't know what that means if you buy a ticket off someone in good faith and get to the gates to find out you should technically be a pensioner.  They also have an "Entry time slot" of 14:30-15:00, which I guess means they need to get there at least 90 minutes before kick off? Not sure what happens if you don't make it by then!  I'm in the same block but about 20 rows back so I'll see if I have the same entry time when I can get a hold of mine. 

I think the entry time slot was on our tickets when we went to a recent England game at Wembley. Pretty sure it's just advisory, in other words you can just pretty much ignore it. We were running late as people were coming straight from work so we went in way after the time on the ticket. 

12 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

The entry time thing will just be to try and stop everyone from turning up 20 mins before ko. Absolutely no way you get refused entry if you turn up outside of that time.

43 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Not really, it'd just be transparent given they've not achieved this for what...18 years (a trip to a neutral stadium). There's a while generation of fans that wouldn't have had a clue...

40 minutes ago, huss9 said:

They absolutely will

Would be funny if everyone started buying up cup tickets with no intention of going ‘loyalty’ eh then the club changed the way they distribute final tickets :lol:

this ticket argument is part interesting and part really boring. As many have said the main issue is how many tickets are available to people that aren’t fans of the finalists. Club Wembley? What a lot of bollocks

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Looking at buying a ticket which I assume is man u end. Torn as I obviously want to be among fellow Newcastle fans but at least I'll be there.

I honestly don't think I could handle that. Especially if we lost. If the whole stadium was mixed, maybe. But not in with the Man Utd fans... I'd rather watch on TV.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I honestly don't think I could handle that. Especially if we lost. If the whole stadium was mixed, maybe. But not in with the Man Utd fans... I'd rather watch on TV.

Yer I'm really torn. I'm older and can probably keep myself safe but would I enjoy it.