[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Evening All, probably in a long line of requests... my son missed out on.phase 4 but 5 of his pals got pulled out the hat, he is gutted as per a lot on here... He is still going down with hotel and train booked to enjoy the weekend.

If anyone hears of a spare could you please bear me in mind please. He is a concession ticket.

Thank You

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They might though. There will be calls for more. Would you refuse to buy one if on offer knowing it would lock others out?

Obviously not :lol:

That would be insane if they were on sale, you would just be locking yourself out to stop someone else being locked out. You’d have to try. 

6 minutes ago, joss said:

Evening All, probably in a long line of requests... my son missed out on.phase 4 but 5 of his pals got pulled out the hat, he is gutted as per a lot on here... He is still going down with hotel and train booked to enjoy the weekend.

If anyone hears of a spare could you please bear me in mind please. He is a concession ticket.

Thank You

Out of curiosity how long did he have his ST for compared to his four friends. Is there anything of note different between his previous history to theirs?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Out of curiosity how long did he have his ST for compared to his four friends. Is there anything of note different between his previous history to theirs?

It's his 4th season and they all have virtually the same history. I'm just assuming he was very unlucky... He is happy for his pals but gutted like most he was unsuccessful 

On 10/02/2023 at 13:14, Wilson said:

Wanted to buy this for a while but never really wear our colours anymore, but why the fuck not for this occasion. 

20230210-123342.jpg

My first top, Christmas pressie 73 or 74. Gonna buy one go play football in the street and think I'm Supermac.

13 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Anyone who's ticket arrived today, have you noticed on the ticket it gives you an "entry time slot". Mine is between 2.30 and 3pm.

If I'm late do I not get in? [emoji38]

From looking into reports from past games and stuff it seems like it doesn't matter. It's just an advisory really to prevent overcrowding etc, whenever you get there you'll get I'm.

9 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

From looking into reports from past games and stuff it seems like it doesn't matter. It's just an advisory really to prevent overcrowding etc, whenever you get there you'll get I'm.

That's ok then because I'm booked into the green man before the game and hadn't really planned on leaving until 3.30.

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

That's ok then because I'm booked into the green man before the game and hadn't really planned on leaving until 3.30.

How irresponsible. You'll cause nothing but havoc LOL. Joking of course. Im sure it's only a recommendation so as everyone doesn't turn up 10 mins before KO as others have said.

10 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

How irresponsible. You'll cause nothing but havoc LOL. Joking of course. Im sure it's only a recommendation so as everyone doesn't turn up 10 mins before KO as others have said.

Well, I'm going to be a right nutcase and ignore my time slot. That's just how I roll.[emoji38]

I’m a bit torn on what time to go in. Part of me wants to feel the build up in a fan park or somewhere, getting more and more raucous as kick off approaches, but part of me wants to be inside the stadium, savouring everything like warm ups and stuff. This has been a long time coming.

9 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Few points of interest, firstly there's nothing on the ticket at all indicating it's a concessionary senior ticket

Just to correct myself on this, it seems a "C" for concession is written on the senior tickets in biro.

Just now, BlueStar said:

Just to correct myself on this, it seems a "C" for concession is written on the senior tickets in biro.

Good to know our national stadium uses the latest cutting edge technology for its ticketing ??

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m a bit torn on what time to go in. Part of me wants to feel the build up in a fan park or somewhere, getting more and more raucous as kick off approaches, but part of me wants to be inside the stadium, savouring everything like warm ups and stuff. This has been a long time coming.

I’m going for early fry up in the hotel, tube to Wembo about 10.30. The closest tube for me from hotel to Wembley Central, but have I fuck waited my whole life to not walk down Wembley way, so making a detour to make sure I get off at Wembley Park.

Into boxpark for a bit, then meander down Wembo way to the white horse at 1ish. Couple of beers there, see where the atmosphere is and then into the stadium for 2.30-3ish.

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I’m going for early fry up in the hotel, tube to Wembo about 10.30. The closest tube for me from hotel to Wembley Central, but have I fuck waited my whole life to not walk down Wembley way, so making a detour to make sure I get off at Wembley Park.

Into boxpark for a bit, then meander down Wembo way to the white horse at 1ish. Couple of beers there, see where the atmosphere is and then into the stadium for 2.30-3ish.

Yeah. I was actually half thinking of not drinking before the game, to be absolutely sure of taking everything in, and not having any hazy memories (until after the game…).

I’ll probably allow myself 3 or 4 though, as that’s all part of the experience as well. 

6 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

I wouldn't even think about it morally if I could afford it. The scalpers are the cunts, not the ones being used by them. I've literally never even considered it morally from the other side until I saw this post :lol:

7 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know people selling it through reselling websites are terrible people, but where do I stand morally buying through a reseller? Would that make me a terrible person? 

Thinking of biting the bullet, yes its expensive but so were all the away days I've been to. I've been to Plymouth away midweek (the longest journey in English professional football.),  flown across Europe (after calling in sick) to see an unimportant premier league match at West Ham, had a season ticket despite living hundreds of miles away for years. Gave it up out as a personal protest at MA, despite knowing it would mean losing my loyalty points which I wanted to cling on to. Given this, is buying an over inflated ticket so bad? Its not like Its going to a random punter, I've put in the miles, attended the soul-searching defeats  (including to lower league clubs in the cub and the hard-to-get-to grounds in the Championship) and lived and breathed this club all my life. 

If you can justify the cost I wouldn't worry about any of the other issues around it. Even if we continue on an upwards trajectory it may be a few years before we make another final.