Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just give the self appointed elite a 10point head start instead of deducting points off everybody else and let everybody else do what they like thereafter.

Daft as it sounds it is less messy, more honest and more fun than what they're imposing on football.

Edited by Jonas

He's only crying because his own deal was blocked.

Waiting for him to nail his own financial rules to the door of Old Trafford, complete with an interview from Lorraine Kelly.

Those rules are basically unenforceable imo and leading all clubs to do things they wouldn't otherwise transfer wise, with none of it being about sustainability.

Edited by Abacus

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Waiting for him to nail his own financial rules to the door of Old Trafford, complete with an interview from Lorraine Kelly.

Those rules are basically unenforceable imo and leading all clubs to do things they wouldn't otherwise transfer wise, with none of it being about sustainability.

Do we know how much his other team were happy to get for todiba from man utd? As we should offer it because they wouldn't have a leg to stand on after pretending it's not a related deal 🤣

On 26/06/2024 at 13:12, Abacus said:

Can see him walking Martin Luther style and nailing to the PL doors the new rules.

The UK tax payer must pay for all Man U facilities

Man U are allowed to have any player in the world for free if they want them

Automatic qualification for Champions league regardless, because it's Man U

Man U can set rules for others but don't have to abide by them...divine right

No team is allowed to visit Old Trafford without agreeing to a -2 goal start

As we are truly divine our word is gospel and must be adhered to unless it doesn't suit us

It has been spoken.

Actually Jim does have a slight resemblance to Kuill

Edited by gjohnson

Hope we have a card up our sleeves in terms of PSR otherwise it is going to seriously hinder our prospects next season if we have to face a points deduction. 

And if we haven’t, then there is absolutely no way we should be giving the DoF position to someone currently at the club. This would have been the most important thing for a DoF or someone “filling in”  to get right. Dan Jobsworth must be enjoying this unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Can see him walking Martin Luther style and nailing to the PL doors the new rules.

The UK tax payer must pay for all Man U facilities

Man U are allowed to have any player in the world for free if they want them

Automatic qualification for Champions league regardless, because it's Man U

Man U can set rules for others but don't have to abide by them...divine right

No team is allowed to visit Old Trafford without agreeing to a -2 goal start

As we are truly divine our word is gospel and must be adhered to unless it doesn't suit us

It has been spoken.

Actually Jim does have a slight resemblance to Kuill

Glad you picked up on the niche reference and ran with it better. Its made me think that in future, I should make even more obscure theological analogies in general football dialogue, and in life in general.

10 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Glad you picked up on the niche reference and ran with it better. Its made me think that in future, I should make even more obscure theological analogies in general football dialogue, and in life in general.

I'm just happier that none of the inevitable smart arses on here thought I meant Martin Luther King

Although that would be another good one....

In JRs snivelly whiny voice..I have a dream...where the rules don't apply to me, where children from everybackground can hold hands and adore Man U, where no one has to fear being called a glory hunter despite being from Surrey and loving us.

I can do this all night lol

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Didn't we have a reported £40m bid from Lyon just turned down plus reported interest from Liverpool's new manager for Minteh?

If you were to be a more cynical person, which I'm definitely not, you might call it as looking like laughable shenanigans all round.

The thing that should bother the PL is that they are now looking to sign off on any deal, whether it's within the rules they set or not. 

On 25/06/2024 at 17:04, Decky said:

Apparently we're all swapping players to get round the PSR bullshit. I do laugh at the idea that Chelsea are in with us though, considering they're one of the toxic six. 

I don't know why they include us in this? Based on rumours? We haven't even traded with any of them yet, and the rumours were not something silly like buying a youngster valued at £1m for £20m. Just throwing us in the mix because of the media myth about us being in some kind of fictional crisis.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Abacus said:

Didn't we have a reported £40m bid from Lyon just turned down plus reported interest from Liverpool's new manager for Minteh?

If you were to be a more cynical person, which I'm definitely not, you might call it as looking like laughable shenanigans all round.

The thing that should bother the PL is that they are now looking to sign off on any deal, whether it's within the rules they set or not. 

I long for the days in the mid 90s where journalists just made up rumours cos they had no idea how much money anyone had and had to create stories to sell papers.

Thinking back on that statement...sounds just like now just with numbers.

Remember before the transfer windows and we were linked with Baggio and/or Del Piero every other week because Alan Oliver was too pissed to do any work and had to rely on whatever Hall and Shepherd said he could write

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't know why they include us in this? Based on rumours? We haven't even traded with any of them yet, and the rumours were not something silly like buying a youngster valued at £1m for £20m.

To be fair I'd haul us in if we somehow got £20m for regens. The fact we only have a few purples worth signing should save us from being mentioned