Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

34 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

We don't have any property we could sell at anywhere near enought to make a difference to PSR. We don't own the land St. James' is on and the training ground land wouldn't be worth more than a mediocre PL player.

I wasn't being serious. 

49 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

We need a bit of this. If we could just sell some of our own buildings and assets back to ourselves too. Then we could avoid further PSR breaches. 

This will be checked as it’s a related party deal. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This will be checked as it’s a related party deal. 

Checked and cleared.  

The fact that every club, ourselves included.  Are having to pull accounting tricks and trade players in shady as fuck looking deals.  Just highlights the complete nonsense that is PSR/FFP in its current guise. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Checked and cleared.  

The fact that every club, ourselves included.  Are having to pull accounting tricks and trade players in shady as fuck looking deals.  Just highlights the complete nonsense that is PSR/FFP in its current guise. 

Really? :lol: 

cracking deal we got for ASM. 

Another failure from the club, we should have been multi club long ago for precisely this reason. City got a cracking deal for Savinho didn’t they?

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Another failure from the club, we should have been multi club long ago for precisely this reason. City got a cracking deal for Savinho didn’t they?

Sorry.  I really need to do smileys more often :lol: I was saying it will be cleared, I reckon. 

Oh and yeah.  That Savinho musical clubs fiasco was hilariously blatant.  The wankers.  Relegate them to the Conference at once. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I see we've reached "Everything this club has done is a failure" part of the Window.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I see we've reached "Everything this club has done is a failure" part of the Window.

Not at all, we’ve had a number of success im fully aware of that but we can’t rest on our laurels or sit back and say we’ve come along way. 

A lot of low hanging fruit has been left and now we are seeing the result of it. 

Has anyone from our management team ever come out and spoke about psr in the manner munchi and his side kick did the other week? 

We as fans obviously loathe it but I haven’t heard many actual complaints about it from the hierarchy at all. Villas owners are considering challenging it legally but we appear to meekly accept it. 

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Has anyone from our management team ever come out and spoke about psr in the manner munchi and his side kick did the other week? 

We as fans obviously loathe it but I haven’t heard many actual complaints about it from the hierarchy at all. Villas owners are considering challenging it legally but we appear to meekly accept it. 

They rarely shut up about it. We wheeled, Eales  Ashworth and Howe to chat about it in January.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They rarely shut up about it. We wheeled, Eales  Ashworth and Howe to chat about it in January.

Yeah that’s what I’m kinda saying, we talk about it but we don’t challenge it. AS took the play nice approach and all it lead to was even harder rules. 

20 hours ago, Scoot said:

You're own club was 1 of the ones responsible for bringing these rules in.

Yeah but now they are realising that they fucked up. Once they start complaining, that is when the rules will change.

You already have Chelsea finding every loophole available, Man Utd now complaining, Man City in court.

Just fucking scrap PSR.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

When is this City arbitration into APT's getting a verdict then? Its been imminent for weeks.

Imminent like our stadium feasibility study, and income big sponsorships.

Just now, Stifler said:

Yeah but now they are realising that they fucked up. Once they start complaining, that is when the rules will change.

You already have Chelsea finding every loophole available, Man Utd now complaining, Man City in court.

Just fucking scrap PSR.

He’s just trying to take the pressure off himself, if those idiots aren’t smart enough to realise how beneficial these rules are for them then I’m truly speechless. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

He’s just trying to take the pressure off himself, if those idiots aren’t smart enough to realise how beneficial these rules are for them then I’m truly speechless. 

It was beneficial to them under the Glazers, now the Rat is on board, he wants free rein. Naturally he will want to close the door again once he’s had the chance to catch up, but he does want to be able to spend more money.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

It was beneficial to them under the Glazers, now the Rat is on board, he wants free rein. Naturally he will want to close the door again once he’s had the chance to catch up, but he does want to be able to spend more money.

Still is now, it’s not so much about what they can spend, it’s about preventing others from spending. 

no a chance a tight cunt like Jim would be keeping up with us and villas spending if the shackles were off. 

11 minutes ago, Scoot said:

When is this City arbitration into APT's getting a verdict then? Its been imminent for weeks.

Could have happened already and hasn't leaked, although that seems unlikely.

I had a look at what was disclosed about the timescale of the arbitration proceedings in Man City's court case.

The PL commenced that arbitration in October 2019.

The arbitration hearings were June/July 2020.

The arbitration panel made its ruling on 2nd November 2020, so around 4 months after the hearings.

That arbitration was on a seemingly more straightforward matter of disclosure of documents, rather than this that potentially involves complex arguments over competition law.