Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, r0cafella said:

No, what’s terrible is rules being created mid season on the hoof to reduce the competitiveness of both rival clubs and the league as a whole. 

we wouldn’t have been furious during Ashley times as we were beaten down and utterly irrelevant. We were rancid space wasters who only existed to the ride the gravy train.

in not far totally un regulated spending but let’s at least make rules which are fair and give everyone equal opportunity to succeed 

Just because your owners are rich, you shouldnt beable to put unlimited money into something that is a competitive sport imo. Success should be on sporting achievement not luck of having a rich owner.

Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

Controversial, but this is genuinely terrible for football. It benefits us so we are turning a blind eye. Under Ashley we would be furious with this.

I mean, the rules now are also terrible for football unless you want the status quo maintained as much as possible. If the pendulum swings all the way the other way and football is just a competition between the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Real Madrid then that isn't fun either. But I'd be surprised if we're heading there.

More than anything this ruling provides pushback against a movement that was only heading in one direction and locking in the elite's incumbent advantage. It gives some hope that the rules can swing back a little the other way and provide some measure of balance. And yes, we stand to benefit.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Just because your owners are rich, you shouldnt beable to put unlimited money into something that is a competitive sport imo. Success should be on sporting achievement not luck of having a rich owner.

Just my opinion.

I agree but we had before this ruling is a lot of clubs who made money when football was totally unregulated putting up rule after rule which prevents anyone competing with them. 

that is worst than having a free for all. 

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Just my opinion.

Your post makes no sense 

Football has always been the same 

Teams with the most money to spend usually finish near the top 

Clubs don’t get there by chance.

All clubs are in exactly the same boat in terms of trying to attract rich or richer owners 

Edited by JonBez comesock

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Just my opinion.

It is still decided on the pitch.

May as well disband the World Cup, because nations can't compete with large nations who have massive GDP.

5 minutes ago, TRC said:

Just my opinion.

While I agree with this. 2 clubs have won the PL without having a top 3 wage budget in the 25 years. Arsenal and Leicester. Football has long been dominated by money.  

I don’t think any clubs should get a monopoly. If there’s a financial ceiling it should be for all.  

9 minutes ago, TRC said:

Just my opinion.

Those times are long long gone regardless of these rules, if they ever really existed 

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

It is still decided on the pitch.

May as well disband the World Cup, because nations can't compete with large nations who have massive GDP.

It is, but a team shouldnt be allowed to do what City did really they went from a nothing club, to the best club in the world just because they had unlimited funds. There has to be some rules in place to stop that, while also allowing teams to grow.

Either way the whole thing is a mess now.

8 minutes ago, TRC said:

I cant really understand how this will work going forward, its an incredibly messy situation for all teams. Feels like chaos has been unleashed and the PL let it get away from them.

a mess of the PL's own making, fuck them

Just now, Heron said:

What was Everton were singing again.. 

"Premier League, corrupt as fuck"

#LOL

I think its funny how Everton fans wanted City to win this so badly, but they are the ones that could be completely crippled by it.