Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

As far as I know there’s no fair market assessment for UEFA. But the PL aren’t discussing dropping that element. They are discussing the revenue to transfer/wages cost. So it would be worse x worse. 

Well aye, hence my point the Uefa rules by themselves are better and more fair. It’s the PL specific FMV that is far more detremintal.

9 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Well aye, hence my point the Uefa rules by themselves are better and more fair. It’s the PL specific FMV that is far more detremintal.

Sponsorship is calculated on ‘fair value’. Section 5.

https://www.uefa.com/news/0253-0d7f34cc6783-5ebf120a4764-1000--financial-fair-play-all-you-need-to-know/

Edited by FloydianMag

4 minutes ago, madras said:

"UEFA's competent bodies"

:spit:

Although that’s from 2015 it’ll be in their new FFP arrangements with City, PSG and now us. It won’t strangle there revenues but will ours. I keep on saying this, governing bodies should organise competitions and not involve themselves in a clubs commercial activities.

Edited by FloydianMag

On 07/02/2024 at 06:37, TheBrownBottle said:

think what swung it was the $1bn paid by KSA, and the end of the BeIN block.  That was on the 6th October 2021.  On the 7th October 2021 the deal was announced as being back on; it was completed on the 8th October 2021.

Yeah I think that’s absolutely what it was. It had nothing to do with Newcastle going to court. Was all just politics 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah I think that’s absolutely what it was. It had nothing to do with Newcastle going to court. Was all just politics 

Yep, the rest was just pantomime.  The KSA govt reached out to the UK govt at one point, and the deal went through when they effectively settled with the Qatari govt.

On 07/02/2024 at 10:37, Wandy said:

It's amazing how people still can't see it. The thing dragged on for 18 months and then as soon as the PL's QC had his arse handed to him live on a stream the whole thing was resolved within a fortnight. Piracy my arse.

That’s total nonsense as @TheBrownBottle has pointed out literally the day after ksa & qatar reached an agreement over bein & the block the takeover went thru. Staveley & co have since said they were surprised how quickly it started moving. 

54 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s total nonsense as @TheBrownBottle has pointed out literally the day after ksa & qatar reached an agreement over bein & the block the takeover went thru. Staveley & co have since said they were surprised how quickly it started moving. 

I'm not disputing that. The point I made was that I believe that PIF offered to sort out the BEIN dispute long before October 2021 but the PL simply put more obstacles in the way. The court case eventually made them back away from those obstacles and allowed it to go through based on paying the compo to BEIN alone.

Anyone heard any concrete numbers on ours and Villa's Adidas deals ? Just at the time of announcement we were a Champs league team and they weren't.......I doubt their owner having a 7% ownership of Adidas and being in negotiations would have any bearing on things though.

5 hours ago, madras said:

Anyone heard any concrete numbers on ours and Villa's Adidas deals ? Just at the time of announcement we were a Champs league team and they weren't.......I doubt their owner having a 7% ownership of Adidas and being in negotiations would have any bearing on things though.

Ours is at least £40m per season. It is said to be worth over £200m over 5 years, which is £40m minimum per season.

So it looks like PSG are to build a new stadium. It will be interesting to see how they fund it considering UEFA’s rules, which the Premier League are looking to implement as well.

6 hours ago, madras said:

£12m p/a is what I’ve read as Villa’s kit deal.  Their Castore deal was £4m p/a

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

So it looks like PSG are to build a new stadium. It will be interesting to see how they fund it considering UEFA’s rules, which the Premier League are looking to implement as well.

I’m sure Al-Khelaifi will do everything above board here…

12 hours ago, Sima said:

I’m sure Al-Khelaifi will do everything above board here…

Probably take over from Ceferin in the next election in another totally above board decision

24 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

If a legal challenge gets rid of FMV I’d be happy and if say Aramco wanted to sponsor stadium naming for £80 million a year they should be allowed to. Fuck the meddling in clubs commercial activities.

I read/heard somewhere that Man City will use any legal tool to defeat the PL. Their strategy is combative. That's why they haven't cooperated with the PL in their investigations. They will dig in their heels, not cooperate and take everything to court if needed. I think that's the right approach.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I read/heard somewhere that Man City will use any legal tool to defeat the PL. Their strategy is combative. That's why they haven't cooperated with the PL in their investigations. They will dig in their heels, not cooperate and take everything to court if needed. I think that's the right approach.

It’s the nuclear option for City which I suspected. Hoped they’d use.

6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It’s the nuclear option for City which I suspected. Hoped they’d use.

PL will get absolutely battered in court with this one, only takes one club to bring this up and then it falls down.