Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

I think 777 needed to put up £150m by today. Not sure what money they've actually got.

Bit of a weird decision to go with only their bid in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I think 777 needed to put up £150m by today. Not sure what money they've actually got.

Bit of a weird decision to go with only their bid in the first place.

None it seems. They’ve already loaned Everton £xxxm so there is a Catch 22 if they want to call that in back [emoji38]

I hate Everton as much as the next guy, but a founding member of the EFL, and one of the oldest clubs in the UK going into administration, and potentially going out of business isn't a something to be happy or excited about. It is a damning indictment of everything that is wrong with football and the way it is currently set up.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I hate Everton as much as the next guy, but a founding member of the EFL, and one of the oldest clubs in the UK going into administration, and potentially going out of business isn't a something to be happy or excited about. It is a damning indictment of everything that is wrong with football and the way it is currently set up.

Well exactly.

And IF they went bust (doubt it personally), the FFP rules or how they are being policed will have done absolutely jack shit to stop it happening beforehand anyway.

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

6 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Well exactly.

And IF they went bust (doubt it personally), the FFP rules or how they are being policed will have done absolutely jack shit to stop it happening beforehand anyway.

All jokes aside, I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't want any football club to go out of business and what's happening at Everton makes a complete mockery of "profitability & sustainability", "financial fair play" and the fabled "Owners and Directors test "

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Could we not just helicopter their New stadium to Leazers Park, give them a few bob for it if it's not going yo get used 

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

End of the day there are good owners and bad. Working out which should be the task in hand.

12 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Well exactly.

More than just that, it's exacerbated it.

Aye, quite sad seeing people get excited about a football club going out of business.

Could just as easily be us in their position, thousands of good people will lose their football club and a huge part lf their identity.

Imagine as a fellow football fan being excited about that. And why? Because their goalkeeper is a tosser or some of their fans are scumbags?

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Aye, quite sad seeing people get excited about a football club going out of business.

Could just as easily be us in their position, thousands of good people will lose their football club and a huge part lf their identity.

Imagine as a fellow football fan being excited about that. And why? Because their goalkeeper is a tosser or some of their fans are scumbags?

Who’s exactly getting excited about it?

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

They're not going to go out of business and nobody is excited about the possibility. But other than that.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Who’s exactly getting excited about it?

2 minutes ago, Jonas said:

They're not going to go out of business and nobody is excited about the possibility. But other than that.

1 hour ago, MagMal said:

So you are telling me there is hope the turd will flush??  :celb:

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Oh no

37 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Article reads there are two potential options before we get to administration but…

So Excited Flirting GIF

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Hardly the masses then but fair enough. I think a lot will have a chuckle at the prospect rather than the actual reality of it happening. I’m guessing the end game is the new ground is given to a finance company similar to Coventry situation and Everton will have to rent it. 

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Administration will be devastating for local companies who supply them etc.

What a mess that club is, they owe money all over the shop, they cant even sell the new stadium and rent it back cos they dont own it, whats happening with Goodison park ?

Thinking about our situation I’m surprised they’ve not asked Sam Fender to do 3 nights one weekend at SJP before this years financial cut off point.

Could be an opportunity for us if 777 capital need cash. Google suggests they own Genoa, Standard Liege, Hertha Berlin, Vasco da Gama plus minority stakes in Sevilla. Our owners spoke about a multi club model, there you go

one already set up.

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Well exactly.

Just as perhaps an alternative point of view - club that overspends and doesn't adhere to profit and loss rules risks going into administration... you could say that's kind of why the rules are there.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

But Froggy told us that the rules are good [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, Checko said:

Just as perhaps an alternative point of view - club that overspends and doesn't adhere to profit and loss rules risks going into administration... you could say that's kind of why the rules are there.

The main issue is around stadium funding/loans isn't it? Which doesn't directly impact the FFP figures, aside from interest payments. 

Even if they'd kept their head above water FFP-wise they'd still be in bother because they don't seem to have anyone willing or able to cover that £160m loan.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

But Froggy told us that the rules are good [emoji38]

Fan of the club who is the greatest beneficiary from the rule tells you it’s good.

Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive