Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want to resent them, but then see who'd have won the league in their absence and all it'd have meant was another 2-3 titles each for Man U, Arsenal & Liverpool and it'd just mean FFP got exactly what they intended. Yay. 

Yep, it’s great seeing all the fans of the red cartel clubs whinging and crying that the league is boring, the only reason it’s boring to them is that they’re winning fuck all these days and long may it continue.

Edited by FloydianMag

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want to resent them, but then see who'd have won the league in their absence and all it'd have meant was another 2-3 titles each for Man U, Arsenal & Liverpool and it'd just mean FFP got exactly what they intended. Yay. 

exactly.

come on citeh! until we catch up that is.

Posted (edited)

Everyone should be grateful for Pep and Man City , otherwise you would have had to suffer through them two pricks Klopp and Arteta winning the league along with how the Liverpool and Arsenal fans would be going on. I personally love how much Man City rile them up. I really hope all they get is a huge fine for all these charges.

Edited by Geogaddi

I hadn't really thought about the potential revenue coming from the Club World Cup and that being part of the interest in introducing anchoring.

31 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Why isn’t that money split between championship clubs? That would make that league stronger and the money has already been allocated away.

It's the premier league's money and the premier league's shareholders (the clubs) generally wouldn't want that money spent strengthening potential rivals.

Didn't realise yoyo clubs were so beneficial to other premier league members... Interesting. Seems like you'd rather give preferential access to your loan kids to recently relegated teams therefore. Big conflict of interests.

Times making an interesting point that the early election will lead to the bill for the regulator to be shelved. Big win for Dicky masters. You’d think labour would have bigger fishes to fry as well. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Times making an interesting point that the early election will lead to the bill for the regulator to be shelved. Big win for Dicky masters. You’d think labour would have bigger fishes to fry as well. 

I'm not so sure - it's a nice, easy, politically-neutral thing to push through that is quite popular with a decent chunk of the electorate.

Personally I'd be surprised if it got shelved entirely.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm not so sure - it's a nice, easy, politically-neutral thing to push through that is quite popular with a decent chunk of the electorate.

Personally I'd be surprised if it got shelved entirely.

If you have a majority you have bigger fish to fry. 

So EPL clubs are doing everything they can to raise more cash, including raising ticket prices, what a fuckin joke this system is 

8 hours ago, Ben said:

So EPL clubs are doing everything they can to raise more cash, including raising ticket prices, what a fuckin joke this system is 

Just put a damn cap on everything, like american sports (I know). All this has taken its toll of us suporters.

But for real, no one can feel this is fun. In times of economic and environmental crisis it´s not right that you have to fly a cross the globe to get some pennies.

8 hours ago, Ben said:

This is so easily solvable.  Allow owners to inject extra cash to subsidise ticket prices.  If Newcastle are charging £40 for a ticket and say Fulham were the most expensive equivalent ticket at £120 the owner can put in £80. 

2 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

This is so easily solvable.  Allow owners to inject extra cash to subsidise ticket prices.  If Newcastle are charging £40 for a ticket and say Fulham were the most expensive equivalent ticket at £120 the owner can put in £80. 

Good idea.  But will the owners want to?

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

Good idea.  But will the owners want to?

If it was a way of sponsoring the club without sponsoring, then yeah.