Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No, being in London and being able to charge 300% more for a ticket will do it

And unfortunately a London pound counts exactly the same as a Newcastle pound on paper

Being in London Tottenham have to compete with Wembley as a venue.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Effectively just a verbal version of Waugh's article the other day.

Ornstein pretty much confirmed Edwards was massively exaggerating the Gordon stuff too.

Did they estimate how much we've to spend?

6 minutes ago, SAK said:

Being in London Tottenham have to compete with Wembley as a venue.

Not for Tottenham season tickets they dont.

Their cheapest is 865, ours is 345

Edited by gjohnson

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Effectively just a verbal version of Waugh's article the other day.

Ornstein pretty much confirmed Edwards was massively exaggerating the Gordon stuff too.

Of course he was the hysterical slapheed prick. Hi Luke 👋🏻 

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

What is the split between club and artist?

Does the majority not go their way.. otherwise the likes of Sunderland would be in a stronger position as they do seem to get the big artists there every year

Sunderland will do it for half the going rate just for the “big club” kudos.

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not for Tottenham season tickets they dont.

Their cheapest is 865, ours is 345

I meant in terms of hosting concerts, I take your point though regarding season  ticket prices.

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

I meant in terms of hosting concerts, I take your point though regarding season  ticket prices.

With regard to ticket revenue were only going to catch up with a massive capacity increase or some new fmv country wide regulation that states you can't charge more just because London 

Based on guesswork and what is being reported. 

We waited to see if Bruno's release clause was activated. When it wasn't we followed up on longstanding interst we'd received in Minteh and Anderson. 

We leaked previous interest in Gordon and Isak to frighten fans into accepting the loss of both.

There was breif panic when the Lyon deal for Minteh fell through, but still had enough interest to get good money for him.

29 minutes ago, duo said:

I still don't get why it's been so quiet around the new training ground - can spend what they want on that.  It's badly needed.

Probably won't add much value to their investment I suppose. If we were able to challenge at the very top it wouldn't then make sense. As it is, PSR and FFP will likely leave us drifting around 4-7th.

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We leaked previous interest in Gordon and Isak to frighten fans into accepting the loss of both.

Honestly I have to question what purpose that serves? If anything it’s got the fanbase asking what the fuck is going on? How did we get in such a mess? If anything if their aim was an acceptance from the fan base of minteh and Anderson being sold it’s kinda counter productive because it’s raised more questions than answers 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Honestly I have to question what purpose that serves? If anything it’s got the fanbase asking what the fuck is going on? How did we get in such a mess? If anything if their aim was an acceptance from the fan base of minteh and Anderson being sold it’s kinda counter productive because it’s raised more questions than answers 

What questions has it raised? 

Not disputing that it has, just interested in the perspective.

27 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Probably won't add much value to their investment I suppose. If we were able to challenge at the very top it wouldn't then make sense. As it is, PSR and FFP will likely leave us drifting around 4-7th.

To get the best out of our players and to attract better players we need an upgrade of the training ground.  

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What questions has it raised? 

Not disputing that it has, just interested in the perspective.

dunno about the wider fan base but on here there is page after page in the Gordon thread of people wondering what’s happened? Has his head been turned? Why were we apparently offering Gordon to Liverpool? I’ve even seen people disputing what length Gordon’s contract is but most of all people are asking how things go so desperate to be potentially considering selling our best players? I’m not saying the reality is we seriously listened to offers but these seem to be the questions raised. 

Edited by gdm

:thup:

It's all just guesswork on my part, but it's too much of a coincidence rumours of interest in Isak and Gordon emerged at the time we agreed a deal for Minteh, despite enquiries being weeks ago.

It doesn't really sound like we ever considered selling either and it was other clubs trying to be opportunistic. Only Edwards is really pushing the "Gordon's head has been turned" story.

Gordon's difficult to read... He says the right things at the right time, but remember he allegedly went on strike to get a move to us. 

If there's any truth in this Liverpool guff who's to say he wasn't disappointed we didn't bend over for them.

Either way if he wanted/wants to go we don't know till it comes from him.

He's been a consumate professional since he's been with us and hasn't given any indication that he won't continue it. 

Also...what's the betting his biking accident was down to him trying to eat an apple at the same time. Ask Tonali

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Based on guesswork and what is being reported. 

We waited to see if Bruno's release clause was activated. When it wasn't we followed up on longstanding interst we'd received in Minteh and Anderson. 

There was breif panic when the Lyon deal for Minteh fell through, but still had enough interest to get good money for him.

Think para 3 is wishful thinking 

On the revenues, those figures from a few pages back show for that season Spurs very very crudely could spend 480m and be within PSR, Newcastles limit was 285m

(assuming you spread the 105m max loss equally over the three year period so add 35m to each years revenue)

195m extra to spend per year. That’s more than 5 players bought for 100m each and paid 250k pw on 5 year contracts. (Which would be 100m in amortisation and £60m in wages)

Its an enormous difference, and that’s versus Spurs, the lowest revenue club of the 6. The others are even further ahead.

(there’ll be other factors in practice, like other clubs having debt etc which reduces their spending power but this is broadly what the club are dealing with)

Only solution is to get the revenue to be comparable and in the meantime spend more wisely than everyone else but that will take years.