Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

26 minutes ago, STM said:

Alot of what you've said there doesn't make any sense. Are you denying having PSR issues? 

No, the PSR part of my post was at the last two sentences. Which bit didnt make sense? The crazy made up scenario? My point entirely.  

To be fair the amount of shite from the press has been confusing, i just dont get the narrative that we panic sold and i dont get the 70m PSR loss figure being bandied around. 

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

No, the PSR part of my post was at the last two sentences. Which bit didnt make sense? The crazy made up scenario? My point entirely.  

To be fair the amount of shite from the press has been confusing, i just dont get the narrative that we panic sold and i dont get the 70m PSR loss figure being bandied around. 

Based off what their contacts in the club tell them. No smoke without fire.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think it's more a case of we didn't really want to sell potential young stars and held off as long as possible, but once it became clear we weren't going to be able to shift the deadweight quick enough, we just tried to get the best price possible for the likes of Minteh and Anderson. If we could have shifted Almiron or Longstaff, we'd probably have sold them as well.

My view is that without the sales, we would have been sailing close to the wind. Swiss Ramble said he didnt include CL revenue in his 40m deficit estimate. Probably a few other revenue lines much higher last season too. Wage bill probably higher, so not all positive. PSR deficit based on best publicly availble info right now is likely somewhere around 5 - 20m. If it was 5m (as our net revenue increased by 35m) then it was probably seen as low risk.  

6 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Which part is crazy? 

Just now, STM said:

Which part is crazy? 

My scenario of the the CEO and COO meeting in the corridor and realising they were 2 days away from a points deduction. And your scenario where this was an actual 'strategy' that they panicked about last minute. 

13 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Technically it’s not the transfer window that is wiped out but rather the loss we made in the year.

same end result

Difference with the wording is some seem to think we have FFP "paid" for that first window and we haven't. The loss for that year has dropped off but we incur costs of transfers through the life of the contracts given.

I don't think the Anderson sale was long in the works. That one was from late-window discussions with other PSR-impacted teams and Forest helped us out.

Any sale between the PSR 6 has a massive asterics IMO. Definitely on the fee and with us - we may be lukewarm on some of the players. Few of the players traded between the PSR 6 would go straight into the teams first teams - yet there's £200m odd of transfers there.

13 minutes ago, Adam P said:

My scenario of the the CEO and COO meeting in the corridor and realising they were 2 days away from a points deduction. And your scenario where this was an actual 'strategy' that they panicked about last minute. 

Ah, so the bit that I never said. :lol:

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Ah, so the bit that I never said. :lol:

I was referring to the post which starts with this nugget.

My guess:

2 days prior to the PSR deadline we started to panic about a potential points deduction...

30 minutes ago, Adam P said:

I was referring to the post which starts with this nugget.

My guess:

2 days prior to the PSR deadline we started to panic about a potential points deduction...

Adam babes, you've made a massive assumption. Think about it 

Edited by STM

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Adam babes, you've made a massive assumption. Think about it 

:D  In which case soz then. Dont think we were in a panic and dont think we were anywhere near the size of the points reducing deficits being claimed in the press. I could be wrong too.  

3 minutes ago, Adam P said:

:D  In which case soz then. Dont think we were in a panic and dont think we were anywhere near the size of the points reducing deficits being claimed in the press. I could be wrong too.  

Are you the man, the myth, the legend. Youtube famous Adam P?

Surely Forrest gave us a dig out with Anderson, it's a heck of a fee when you consider the straits that we were in and there doesn't seem to have been other interested parties as with Minteh. Makes me certain there'll be further dealings between the clubs in this window.

It's a welcome change from clubs looking for a premium off us when the transaction is going the other way.

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

My view is that without the sales, we would have been sailing close to the wind. Swiss Ramble said he didnt include CL revenue in his 40m deficit estimate. Probably a few other revenue lines much higher last season too. Wage bill probably higher, so not all positive. PSR deficit based on best publicly availble info right now is likely somewhere around 5 - 20m. If it was 5m (as our net revenue increased by 35m) then it was probably seen as low risk.  

We were obviously sailing a bit close to the wind, but there was good reason for it. We were trying to get rid of other players, I don't think we really wanted to let Minteh or Anderson go until there was no choice.

9 minutes ago, Adam P said:

So basically I wasn't saying that they hadn't been working on this stuff prior, merely that they had to ramp up efforts and that meant potentially selling a star player. No worries though.