Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

This massive shit-show just to limit two clubs from challenging, the very concept of which is itself outrageous really, before you recall its at the behest and probably duress of the orthodoxy de jour and same clubs that would gladly have shafted the PL and formed a super league.

2 minutes ago, JEToon said:

It would have been quite the can of worms had Isak, AG or Bruno been sold. 

We was forced to sell mintah and Anderson because of these rules..hope city destroy the lot.

36 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

Man U

Brighton

Palace 

We think?

It's in the article. It's Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Palace, Brighton, and Spurs. Says they were chosen as being "representative of the league." 

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It's in the article. It's Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Palace, Brighton, and Spurs. Says they were chosen as being "representative of the league." 

Aye right. 

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That's a nice balanced group there :whistle:

Being representative of the league? Is this a fucking joke, all 20 clubs are representative of the league. Aren’t they all the clubs that have voted in support of the PL’s side? 

15 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

So only the two clubs that did most to stop our takeover and the two most simpering also-rans that have monstrous hard ons for us

Edited by Jonas

I want to be mad at who's included but I can't be without knowing if we asked to be one of the six and were rejected.

But it's not geographically representative, representative of recently promoted/recent EFL clubs (I know they are also meeting), representative of clubs with ambition and money to spend who can't, or representative of anyone who is outwardly frustrated by any of the Premier League's recent rule changes.

Edit: I guess this isn't true in the case of Everton.

Edited by timeEd32

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I want to be mad at who's included but I can't be without knowing if we asked to be one of the six and were rejected.

But it's not geographically representative, representative of recently promoted/recent EFL clubs (I know they are also meeting), representative of clubs with ambition and money to spend who can't, or representative of anyone who is outwardly frustrated by any of the Premier League's recent rule changes.

Would love to see Palace relegated

Pretty damning from Blue Moon -

Having ploughed through all 175 pages I think the worst element of this whole saga is the contempt shown to City over the sponsorship deals at First Abu Dhabi Bank, Emirates Palace, and Etihad. If you read the incredible volume of correspondence it is clear that the PL and their financial people dragged their feet and put obstacle after obstacle in City's way. The Etihad deal was dragged out for almost 12 months. The PL told City it was "above market value" but refused to discuss how they arrived at their figures. City were told they couldnt see the comparison with other deals on the database.
The Judges slammed this despicable behaviour. These three delayed deals have probably cost City tens of millions of pounds. The PL didn't respond to letters and emails from City repeatedly. This was just pure obstruction driven by bad faith. No wonder City sued them. Just think about it. Three firms who want to invest in a business in North West England are obstructed at every opportunity. A total disgrace. No one has reported on this properly. There are pages and pages of the PL and its financial people just taking the piss out of City. It's in the link below starting at section 441.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/10/07/898efab9-9f51-449b-a393-1a0c05b48824/Manchester-City-and-Premier-League-Partial-Final-Award-071024.pdf

33 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Times article says these lot:

The six clubs, selected as being representative of the league, are Crystal Palace, Liverpool, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, and Brighton & Hove Albion

kyle broflovski underwear GIF by South Park

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Pretty damning from Blue Moon -

Having ploughed through all 175 pages I think the worst element of this whole saga is the contempt shown to City over the sponsorship deals at First Abu Dhabi Bank, Emirates Palace, and Etihad. If you read the incredible volume of correspondence it is clear that the PL and their financial people dragged their feet and put obstacle after obstacle in City's way. The Etihad deal was dragged out for almost 12 months. The PL told City it was "above market value" but refused to discuss how they arrived at their figures. City were told they couldnt see the comparison with other deals on the database.
The Judges slammed this despicable behaviour. These three delayed deals have probably cost City tens of millions of pounds. The PL didn't respond to letters and emails from City repeatedly. This was just pure obstruction driven by bad faith. No wonder City sued them. Just think about it. Three firms who want to invest in a business in North West England are obstructed at every opportunity. A total disgrace. No one has reported on this properly. There are pages and pages of the PL and its financial people just taking the piss out of City. It's in the link below starting at section 441.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/10/07/898efab9-9f51-449b-a393-1a0c05b48824/Manchester-City-and-Premier-League-Partial-Final-Award-071024.pdf

Basically the same as what the PL did when PIF were trying to buy us until they got battered by our lawyers in the CAT hearing and then shit themselves about their snide behaviour being revealed so approved the takeover 

What an utter shit show from the PL!

Well done to Man City for showing the corrupt wankers up! 

Rules to basically stop us competing from the red cartel tossers and their mates - it’s about time we played dirty in this game - enough is enough! Ferk them! 

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Basically the same as what the PL did when PIF were trying to buy us until they got battered by our lawyers in the CAT hearing and then shit themselves about their snide behaviour being revealed so approved the takeover 

Memory a bit hazy but don’t think we ever got the chance to run the CAT case. Everything would’ve come out in the wash there and then if we had.

It’s telling that this was a court case between MCFC and PL, but NUFC is constantly referenced in the document

The snide anti-competitive behaviour towards us by the PL and a cartel of clubs was clearly the catalyst for the PL getting themselves exposed as being snide

If the PL and cartel had been more discrete and played a subtle, longer game in how they’d tried to restrict NUFC then they might well have gotten away with it 

But the knee jerk reaction to stick the financial brakes on a relegation bound NUFC a mere 2 days after our takeover shows them up for the cheats they are

3 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

They did consider that (from page 41 on) but only in the context of the APT rules, they didn't consider the lawfulness of PSR as a whole:

192. We agree that the move to an ex ante regime with a freeze on monies being used until there has been a determination that the APT is evidently not above FMV is a more intrusive market intervention than the previous ex post regime. However, as we have found, the evidence referred to at [180] above, indicates that there were difficulties in the speedy and effective investigation of potential breaches under the ex post regime. RPTs were not being declared, and any restatement would be made long after the money had been done. As a result, the PSR was not effective. There has been no challenge to the PSR or to the principle of detecting and eliminating subsidies by way of RPTs with the clubs.

(I know this contradicts what I said earlier and PSR being here to stay)

Thanks for this 

Would make sense that City didn't challange FFP as a whole, as they are one of clubs who benefit the most with their enormous revenues 

Would love it if we piggy backed on this and kicked up a fuss

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Memory a bit hazy but don’t think we ever got the chance to run the CAT case. Everything would’ve come out in the wash there and then if we had.

I’m on about the CAT hearing that was streamed live and tens of thousands of people tuned in to watch it unfold 

It was a car crash for the PL lawyers, I was blown away at how easily their scam was exposed 

Few days later the takeover was approved 

Edited by bobbydazzla